He's Gone

After the terrifying and stressful premature birth, the doctor gave Bella a sedative to put her under for a while. Charlie had arrived 45 minutes after Bella had fell asleep, and was watching through the incubator as JC was sleeping.

"She's been through alot, my daughter" Charlie spoke, in a low voice.

"Bella is a very strong woman, she will be a very good mother, I can see it already."

"He is so small; he looks helpless and weak"

"Charlie, he has my and Bellas DNA he will pull through"

A nurse in smiley face scrubs walked over to Jake. "Your wife, she is awake and asking for you"

"Bella is awake?" Charlie questioned.

The nurse nodded her head before guesturing towards the room at the end of the hall. Jake and Charlie walked down the hall, and into the room. Bella looked quickly at the entrance as her father and husband appeared before her.

"Dad" Bella breathed. "Jake. How is my son, how is my baby boy?" She said looking back and forth between her father and husband quickly.

"JC is doing fine"

"JC?"

"Jacob Charlie Black? It was the first thing that came to my mind"

Charlie's attention was grabbed at the mention of his name. "You named your son after me?"

"Just the middle name pops" Jake joked.

"Middle name, last name, first name, it doesn't matter I feel flattered"

"I like it" Bella smiled.

Bella, Charlie and Jake talked the entire night about the baby, when they thought they would be able to take little JC home and who they think JC would look like more. Charlie had left to go and get some chinese food take out, so it was just Bella and Jake. Bella was laying in bed staring at the black and white colored television when she let out an annoyed sigh.

"I can't sit in this bed all damn day, I'm going for a walk, join me?" Bella stated, getting to her feet. "Don't even get me started on how sore I am, I just can't stay here. I want to see my son"

Holding out his hand, Bella took it. Bella and Jake walked down the hall towards the NICU when an alarm sounded.

"Code blue in NICU, Code blue in NICU"

Several nurses and doctors ran past them and into a door. Bella and Jake exchanged terrified expressions with one another. Letting go of Jakes hand, Bella took off at a sprint down the hall to the window that allowed people to see into the room. Looking in Bella saw several doctors working on a baby dressed in blue. At the foot of the incubator was a name. "Black"

Fear filled Bella's body as she comprehended what was going on; the code blue was for her son, her son had stopped breathing. At this very moment her son was slipping away before her.

"Save my baby" Bella whispered, pounding on the window, she spoke louder "SAVE MY BABY!" Several doctors looked up and one moved towards the door and pressed a red button. Hitting the window harder Bella screamed, "DON'T DIE ON ME JC"

Suddenly two sets of hands grabbed her around her arms. "I'm sorry Miss but you are going to need to come with us."

Flailing her limbs Bella tried to get loose. "LET ME GO! I NEED TO SEE MY SON!"

Jake ran up to the security gaurds and took Bella from their arms. "Let her go I got her" Almost instantly they released her.

Turning around quickly Bella looked in on the scene, a nurse was putting a sheet over the body of the baby and the monitor that showed nothing but a flat line was turned off.

Screaming Bella collasped, Jacob catching her. Both of them had tears in their eyes as they realized their son had just passed away. Charlie who had just gotten back from getting food was walking down the hall, immeadiately he saw Bella and Jake and dropped his arms, the food fell quickly too the floor. Running to their side Charlie began asking questions.

"He's gone dad, JC is gone" was all Bella said.