Cheers

Bella had just pulled up in front of her father, Charlie Swans house. Sitting in her chevy avalanche, Bella stared up at the house that had been a memory for the past 4 years. Her old truck had died a year and a half ago and from there she was stuck riding Jakes bike from their seattle apartment to get to the college, several rainy months later she finally was able to make an investment and bought herself a new truck.

Right after she had graduated high school she moved to Seattle Washington where she attended the University. Bella was a English major, taking on the side Linguistics and a creative writing program, in hopes to become an English Professor and an Author. Her boyfriend Jacob Black of 5 years attended college with her but as an Architect major, he and Bella planned to meet up at Charlie's later that night, Jake was finishing his finals which was like always running late into the evening.

A small knock on the window caused Bella to jump lightly, turning to face the window she smiled as she saw her father looking back at her, his face played host to a few more wrinkles then she remembered.

Taking off her seat belt she slid from the truck and immeadiately wrapped her arm around her father.

"Happy Birthday Bells" Charlie whispered, kissing her on the forehead quickly. "21 years old, my little girl is officially all grown up" he teased as he ruffled her hair.

Shrugging her shoulders, Bella blushed and forced a smile. Bella was never big on her birthdays and the fact that her father loved to make a big deal on her birthdays, always set her a bit uneasy.

"Dad" she muttered, obviously annoyed.

"Come on Bells this is a major milestone in any persons life, let us celebrate just this once" Charlie begged as he watched his daughter disappear into the house.

"Its just another day dad" she called back.

Charlie smiled and shook his head as he followed after his daughter, thinking to himself she didn't change as much as he had expected, still the same old Bella that he loved. Stopping in the living room he listened for any noise indicating to which room she had gone. Bella cleared her throat, sitting on the couch she stared at her father who quickly turned his head in her direction. Taking a seat in his favorite arm chair he smiled.

"So how are you and Jacob?" Charlie asked in hope that she had completely moved on from the terrible heart break she suffered when Edward left almost 7 years ago.

"Uhm, we are still together if that is what you are asking." Bella said modestly.

What her father didn't know was that they were sharing an apartment together and had been since their freshman year in college.

"That's good, you two make a good couple" Charlie added, in an attempt to make conversation with his daughter whom he hadn't seen in 4 years.

"Thanks" she muttered back. Looking around the room nervously, Bella rose to her feet. "I'm going to go and fix dinner, Jake should be here in about an hour" With that she left the room.

Moving around the kitchen Bella began preparing a new recipe that she had been perfecting; Ratatoulie. It wasn't until a pair of warm hands grabbed her gently around the waist, that she realized Jacob had arrived.

"Jake" Bella breathed, shaken a bit from his sudden appearance.

"Sorry Bella, I didn't mean to scare you" Jacob said quickly before kissing her along her neck.

Shrugging away shyly she turned around to face him.

"Jake, my dad is in the other room, later okay" Bella whispered quiet enough that only he could hear.