Grieving

Waking up, Bella looked around the room. She didn't remember falling asleep but she remembered the nightmare she had, it had seemed so real. Her Edward returning, and accidently breaking her arm. The surgery and then her father telling her that her mother and stepfather had died.

"Bella?" Jakes voice spoke calmly. Walking over to her side he sat on the floor beside her. "How are you doing?" He asked curiously.

"I'm fine, actually a bit hungry." Getting to her feet she walked towards the table by in the foyer. "I'm going to go and get some chinese food do you want any" Bella said as she picked up the keys with her hand.

"Bella, you aren't able to drive yet" Jake said as he walked forward and took the keys from her.

"I can drive perfectly fine Jake, hand me the keys" she said extending her arm forward. Pausing she stared long and hard at her casted arm. "What is this?" She spoke in a barily audible whisper.

"Don't you remember Bella? The incident?"

"It wasn't a dream?"

"What wasn't a dream?" Jake asked , confused.

"Edward breaking my arm, the surgery.... my-"

Jake looked at Bella, he didn't know what to do. His Bella woke up thinking the past 24 hours was just a dream; how do you tell your fiance that it was all real?"

Turning pink in the face, Bella began shaking. "My mom is dead, my mom is dead, my-mom-is-dead" She repeated over and over, as if in a trance like state.

"Bella you need to focus, breath babe" Jake said as Bella's breathing came out in short gasps. "You are going to make yourself sick again" Moving closer to Bella, Jake put his hand on her shoulder.

"DON'T TOUCH ME!" she screamed, running from the room.

Jakes eyes widened as he heard glass breaking and things slamming against the walls of the other rooms; "where was Charlie when you needed him" Jake thought to himself, right now Bella could really use her father, but he had to leave for work.

Jake heard a high pitched scream droan out from the other room, running he stopped as he saw Bella slumped on the floor.

"Why, why couldn't it have been me. Why did you have to come mom." She screamed at the top of her lungs. "What did I do to deserve this God, my mother didn't deserve to die"

Jake felt his face flush hotter than normal. Walking further into the room he sat on the floor beside Bella and just watched her cry. It was like dejavu, he was only 9 when his mother died. He didn't exactly understand why his sisters were crying like they did until his father told him. A single tear fell from his eye landing on his hand.

It was almost an hour before Bella had quieted down, but that was only because she had cried herself to the point of exhaustion and fell asleep. Moving to his feet Jake picked Bella up into his arms and carried her into the guest room where they slept the night before. Laying her down in the bed he covered her with a blanket and closed the door. Looking around the room Jake sighed, he had a lot of cleaning to do.

Moving around the rooms, Jake took note of what was broken and needed to be replaced, then cleaned up and disposed of the wreckage. Of course he wasn't angry at Bella, he understood her pain because he himself went through it before. 3 hours later, everything was spotless. Looking up at the clock, Jake read the time; 4:45pm, it was time to begin dinner.

Jacob cut up several vegetables and put 2 medium size stakes on the stove, soon the aroma of a hearty meal filled the air. The door off the kitchen opened and Bella walked out, her face was swollen from the crying she did earlier and her eyes were puffy and red.

"I'm sorry" she mumbled as she looked to the floor.

Flipping the steaks and vegetables onto plates he moved them quickly to the table. "You don't need to be sorry, you are grieving, thats normal" Pulling Bella into a hug he held her. "Come sit down and eat with me" he whispered before letting go and pulling her towards the table.

Bella sat down across from Jake and just stared at her plate, she didn't feel hungry. Pushing the food around with her fork, she sighed before setting down her untinsel. "I'm not hungry" Bella said as she eyed Jake who just finished eating.

"You need to eat Bella"

"I-dont-need-to-do anything." she said with a dead pan stare on her face. Getting up from the table she went back into the room and layed down.

Jake watched the spot where Bella had just been. Thinking to himself, it was time to do something. Getting up from the table Jake washed his dish, and covered Bellas with foil. Going upstairs into their bedroom he packed a duffle bag with some clothes and Bella's hygiene products, and took it out to the truck. Coming back inside he walked into the bedroom where Bella had fell asleep again and gently picked her up in his arms. Carrying her outside he laid her down in the back seat and placed a seat belt on her. Getting into the truck, Jake started the ignition and pulled away from the house.

Driving down the highway Jake thought to himself, this was the only idea he had left. Looking at a sign Jake took a deep breath.

'Forks 9 miles'

A few minutes later Jakes cell phone rang. Clicking the talk button he put it on speaker.

"Hey Charlie" Jake said

"Hows Bella doing?"

"She's still sleeping, we are right around the corner, see you in a minute" Jake spoke quickly, hanging up as they pulled up infront of Charlies house.

Charlie opened the front door and jogged to the truck. Opening up the back door he stood there looking at his sleeping daughter, he could see the pain in her face.

"I'll get her upstairs to her room" Jake offered "Her bag is right there" he said pointing towards the floor of the truck. Unbuckling Bella, Jake lifted her with ease from the truck. Walking into the house, and upstairs, Jake laid her in her old room.

A series of footsteps and shuffles announced Charlies presence. "I have her from here Jake, thank you." Giving Jake fatherly hug he patted him on the back. "I told your father you were coming into town, he wants to see you" Charlie added.

Putting his hands in his pockets, Jake rocked back and forth on his heels onces he looked towards the window. "Yeah I guess I'll go over and see him for a bit" With that Jake left.

Charlie sat beside Bellas bed for several hours, finally at 3am he went off to bed.

The early morning sun woke Bella that morning. Looking around the room Bella knew where she was at. Getting up from her bed, Bella pulled on her sweatshirt and left the house.