Close call

Bella woke up the next morning; laying in Jakes arms. Turning her head so the sun was out of her face, she gazed at Jake who was sound asleep. Smiling she gently rose from the bed and walked from the room. "Bathroom" she muttered under her breath. Opening and closing several doors she stopped when she saw a fascinating view.

The bathroom was composed of 4 parts; the washroom was brightly lit and was the first thing you saw when you entered the room. The toilet was seperate and had a draw curtain to give privacy, beside that was the lounging/dressing area which had one other door towards the back that led into the bathing room. The bathing room had a large bath that was sunk in the floor like a jacuzzi, hanging above was a massive shower head that Bella assumed was used to fill it up. A series of knobs and buttons sat off to the side; covered by a clear case for protection.

Bella climbed down into the bath and uncovered the buttons, clicking the green button she adjusted the temperature of the water before pressing the green button once more. Immeadiately warm water began showering down above her at rapid speed. Within 3 minutes the water was up to her waist. Lower herself down, she sat on a built in bench and closed her eyes to relax.

The bath had an automatic sensor that shut the water off when it got 3 inches from the top. Sitting in the water Bella dozed off, waking up only the water began to chill. Looking to her left she jumped as Jake was there beside her.

"I was wondering when you were going to wake up" he laughed, his eyes closed.

"How long?" Bella questioned.

"I've been here for the last 25 minutes" Moving to her side he kissed her and then got out of the tub. "I'm going to go make breakfast, you just relax, I'll call you when its done." Grabbing a robe off of a hook on the wall he put it on. "Oh and if you click the shiney blue button you will find the water heater." With that he left the room.

Following his advice, Bella reheated the water. Sitting in for another 15 minutes she took the time out to wash her body and her hair. Clicking the red button, she drained the tub and got out to dry off.

Walking back into the bedroom she grabbed her duffle bag and pulled from it her clothes, getting dressed she left the room to go to the kitchen. "Jake?" she muttered looking around at the uninhabited room. Suddenly gentle music began playing from a door that was open off the side of the kitchen. Curiosity filled Bella as she walked outside. "Jake?" she called out again.

Jake was sitting outside in the Garden, a table was set in a white gazebo covered in ivy and vines. Getting to his feet he smiled, half jogging over to Bella's side. "Breakfast in the garden, I thought you might like it" he whispered.

"I don't like it" Bella began "I love it, this is beautiful"

"I hope you like it; I dedicated this garden to you. Bella Bella it means Beautiful Bella in Italian" Jake said as he pointed to a plaque that set between several rose bushes.

"This is the most amazing thing anyone has ever done for me; thank you" she whispered, wrapping her arms around Jake she embraced him.

"We should get to breakfast before it gets cold" Jake reminded her.

"Or before the flies attack it" Bella added in a monotone

Jake glanced at her for a few moments before he realized she was joking, laughing he walked with her over to the gazebo. Pulling out the chair for Bella, Jake kissed her on the forehead before taking his own seat across from her.

"So how do you like the house?" Jake asked nervously.

Looking around Bella took a better look at the property. The house was big, 2 stories with a wrap around porch on the top and bottom floor. The shutters were an off white and she was confident that she remembered the front door being red. Listening to the sounds around her she noted that the only things she heard was the water coming from the stream beside the house, birds chirping and the rustle from the trees caused by the wind; no car noises, honks, or chattering; all was peaceful.

"Its perfect"

"Really?" Jake asked, the lack of words in her reply had him wondering.

"Honest, I was just thinking that this would be a perfect setting for a book that I might write in the future. Possibly a fairy tale for adults or something" Shrugging her shoulders she got lost in her thoughts again. The privacy and secludedness of the property brought back memories of hanging out with Edward and his family. A small rustle in the bushes grabbed her attention and she turned around half-expecting Edward or Alice to step into view. A small sadness filled her as she missed hanging out with the Cullens. "I'm not really very hungry anymore" Bella whispered before getting to her feet. "Thank you Jake" she said forcing a smile before walking off into the garden.

"I guess I'll eat, and catch up with you later" Jake called after her as she disappeared into the small hedge maze in the garden.

Placing her hands into her pockets she walked through the maze absent mindedly; stopping in her tracks Bella listened for sounds indicating the way out. A series of chirping sounds near the ground pulled her attention, looking down at her feet she saw little bird hopping around, before disappearing through a large gap at the bottom of the hedge. Getting to her knees she peered into the gap and saw it made a tunnel all the way through. Lowering herself onto her stomach she used her arms to pull herself through to the other side. Getting to her feet she dusted herself off before looking around. She was standing in what looked like the forest. Curious as to where it led she followed the outside of the maze to the stream and began walking along it.

Losing track of the time, she stopped when she heard what sounded like a growl behind her. Taking a deep breath she turned around and realized that she had just become the prey to a mountain lion. Looking around quickly on the ground for a weapon to defend herself she clumsily picked up a large stone and took off a sprint. Doing a double take, Bella stumbled over her feet and fell to the ground. Turning around quickly she scooted herself back on her arms several feet before she just gave up.

Watching, Bellas breathing picked up as the lion inched forward, closer and closer until it was hovering right over her. Bella closed her eyes as she awaited the inevitable death that was to succumb her. 30 seconds passed and nothing happened, opening her eyes she looked around, the lion was on the ground 10 feet from her and she didn't know how.

"Bella" a voice whispered from her left.

Turning her head at the familar voice she gasped.

"You're back? You saved me"