Just Like Your Mother

"Are you sure she is ready Jake?" Bella asked as she was dressing Sarah in her little swimsuit.

"It's not like she is going to be swimming, she is just gonna be playing in the sand and maybe we can take her wading."

Sighing Bella began applying sunscreen to Sarahs skin. "Yeah I guess you are right."

Walking past Bella, Jake picked up Sarah. "When am I ever wrong babe?" he smirked

Shaking her head Bella walked with them out of the room. "I can think of a fair few"

Bella and Jake loaded up things in the truck for the day at the beach. The sun was shining brightly for the first time in the year and it was promising that there would be no rain.

Pulling up to the beach, Bella grabbed Sarah from her carseat while Jake began unloading the stuff from the truck. Walking to the water Bella set Sarah to her feet and followed closely behind her as she walked ankle deep into the water.

"Wa wa mommy wa wa" Sarah said as it rolled onto the shore. A large wave crashed a foot away from her and splashed her in her face, startling her. Sarah's eyes went wide and she started sniffling before breaking into tears.

Bella quickly picked her up into her arms and began bouncing her. "It's okay sarah the water won't hurt you. Shhhh shhh shhh" Bella soothed.

Jake smiled as he was setting up the beach chairs under a sun umbrella. "Did the water scare my baby girl" Jake crooned as Bella walked over to his side.

Sitting Sarah down in her play pen, Bella lowered herself into her chair before applying sun screen to her massive stomach, arms and face. Sighing Bella laid back in her chair and closed her eyes for a brief moment.

"Bella" Jake said gently shaking her awake.

Bella's eyes snapped wide open, before darting around looking at random things. It took her a few moments to realize it was getting dark. Yawning, Bella stretched her limbs before getting to her feet. "You let me fall asleep, how kind." Looking around Bella's eyes widened. "Where is Sarah?" she questioned before looking off.

Jake grabbed her arm carefully and pulled her to himself. "She is asleep, in her carseat. I just thought I'd let you sleep while I packed everything then I'd wake you up so I could get the last chair."

Bella smiled before giving Jake a kiss. "Life feels like a stranger sometimes. I mean alot of the things I said I would never do, I am doing."

"Like what?" Jake questioned.

"Falling in love, Getting married, Having kids"

"Yeah.... I know how you feel. I never thought it'd happen to me until it did. I guess that is how the best things in life come, you can't really dream how it will turn out until it does."

Laughing, Bella nodded her head before heading towards the truck. "Did Sarah eat at all today?" Bella questioned as Jake got into the car and headed back into Forks.

"No, I thought fed her."

"Damn, pull over real quick so I can get in the back seat and feed her."

Jake immeadiately pulled over and waited for Bella to get into the back seat before taking off again. "I thought she was on the bottle?" Jake questioned, eyeing Bella through the rear view mirror.

"No, I still breast feed her." Bella stated as she began pumping breast milk into a glass bottle. "I mean, there are things that babies need that you can only get from my milk so why deprive my baby of it if I can supply it." Bella finished.

"You are full of all kinds of knowledge, what is my horoscope for the day?" Jake finished with a joke.

"Horoscopes are a bunch of nonsense" Bella retorted "They aren't worth a red cent."

Laughing Jake pulled into Charlie's driveway. "Well I am going to go and unpack the stuff and when you are done we can get upstairs and get ready for bed."

"Ahh no can do, I need to make dad dinner before he gets home from work."

"No-no this is what will happen; I will unpack the stuff later, you take Sarah upstairs feed her, then rest for the night. Then I will make Charlie dinner and then come upstairs."

Bella leaned forward over the front seat and gave Jake a kiss before undoing Sarah from her carseat. "See you upstairs Jake" Bella said as she headed into the house.

"Is that fish fry I smell" Charlie said, his voice excited as he came in from work late that night. Entering the kitchen Charlie found a plate in the microwave covered with aluminum foil and a note attatched. Taking the plate out of the microwave Charlie read the note.

Charlie,

Bella Sarah and I have went to bed, we have to leave early tomorrow morning to head back to Seattle. I made you dinner, hope you like it. I used Harry Clearwaters fish fry recipe.

Good night,

Jake.

Raising his eye brow at the mention of Harry Clearwaters fish fry, Charlie pulled back the foil and stabbed the fish with his fork. Taking a bite, a smile crossed his face. "Definitely Harry's recipe."

Upstairs Jacob pulled a blanket up over Bella's body and retrieved a second blanket for himself from the closet. Laying down beside Bella, Jake pulled Sarah on his chest and covered her with a blanket. Smiling Jake watched as Sarah slept, her face was so angelic and innocent. "My little angel" Jake muttered, leaning down Jake gave Sarah a kiss. Smiling, Jake laughed quietly to himself as he watched Sarah's face scrunch up in her sleep. "You are just like your mother" Jake whispered before wrapping his arms gently and securely around Sarah.