Daddys Little Girl

Bella had been put on bed rest during the final trimester of her pregnancy. Jake had put a hold on his work to be at her side. The entire family had made regular trips, coming to the house every other day, and Jake had made it a new priority to get to work on building a guest house on the property for long stays.

It was nearing the late evening, Jake's sisters were down stairs cooking dinner and doing Bella's chores so Jake keep a close eye on her. Bella had been sleeping for the past 3 hours and Jake had barely dozed off.

Opening her eyes, Bella scrunched up her face, wondering what had woken her. Then it hit her, massive cramps charged through her body, sending her into gut wrenching pain. "Ow" Bella moaned, clutched her stomach.

Jake's eyes fluttered open and looked quickly to Bella. "What is wrong?" Jake asked curiously.

"The baby" Bella spit out between breaths. "The baby is coming."

Jake practically jumped out of the bed and lifted Bella to her feet. "Rachel! Rebecca! The baby is coming!"

2 pairs of feet came stomping up the stairs before their faces appeared in the doorway.

"I could have sworn I heard you say the baby is coming" Rachel panted, clutching at her chest.

"Get the bags" Was all Jake said, lifting Bella off her feet he made his way out to the truck.

It took 45 minutes, to make it to the hospital. Bella was red in the face, crying and screaming at the top of her lungs as contractions were coming at normal intervals.

"Where is my dad" Bella screamed, I want him here.

"He should be here any moment now sis, we called him before we left." Rebecca said, nervously.

Jake sat at Bella's bedside blotting the sweat off her forehead and soothing her. "You are doing great babe, a bit longer and we can hold our baby."

Bella gritted her teeth, arching her back she held her breath. To the left a machine began beeping, immeadiately a doctor walked in and looked at the readings.

Jake looked up curiously and rose his eyebrow. "What is it doc?"

"The baby is going into distress, we are going to have to get this baby out within the next 30 minutes or we will have to do an emergency cesarean section."

Bella looked to Jake, a look of shock crossed her. "It's going to be fine" Bella said to herself. "She's going to be fine right Jake?"

Jake took Bella's hand into his and kissed it "Sarah is going to be fine; in a week we will be taking her home, as a family"

As if Sarah had a mind of her own, she sent another contraction through her mother. This contaction was it. Bella tensed up once more, screaming from agonizing pain. A nurse quickly came in carrying a silver tray that had a needle and a bottle of medicine on it.

"Would you like your epidural Miss Black. If you do now is the time"

Bella gritted her teeth and shot daggers at the nurse. "Are you fucking kidding me, you stick me with that needle I will stab you in the heart with it."

Jacob gently squeezed Bella's shoulders. "You need to relax-"

"RELAX, DID YOU JUST TELL ME TO RELAX! YOU TRY PUSHING OUT A BABY AND THEN TELL ME TO RELAX!" Tensing up Bella screamed again. A doctor walked into the room and check to see how dialated she was. "It's time to push Isa-"

"ITS BELLA!" Bella screamed. "Just get my baby out"

Prepping for delivery, the doctor had his assitant help hold back her legs. "I need you to take a deep breath, hold it then push"

Bella quickly nodded her head before following the doctors instructions. Pushing hard, Bella's face turned beet red. One push was all it took. Sarah slid out quickly and was cleaned off, suctioned and placed into a basinet before being whisked away by doctors.

"Where is my baby?" Bella asked, full of concern.

A nurse walked over by Bella's bedside. "Your daughter has been taken to be examined, it seems her body core temperature was unnaturally warm. "It runs in the family, her father was the same and still is but he is fine and healthy." Bella spoke, exhausted.

After 30 minutes, a nurse wheeled in a bassinet. "What is the little ones name" the nurse questioned.

"Sarah Renee Black" Jacob spoke up.

The nurse placed little Sarah into her mothers arms.

"I was right, you look just like your daddy" Bella whispered as she caressed her daughters face. "Beautiful."

Jacob leaned in over Bella's shoulder, smiling he looked at his daughter. Sarah opened her eyes, her eye color was exactly the same as Bella's. Suddenly, Jake felt his heart catch on fire as he saw for the first time, Sarah make contact with his eyes and smile.