Back In The Game

It had been 5 weeks since Jacob and Bella decided to try again at starting a family. Bella had started showing the first symptoms, morning sickness. It was the first Saturday of the school year ending. Jacob and Bella had finished their schooling and graduated, Jacob getting a degree in Architecture and Bella her degree in English.The two were sitting on the couch having hot chocolate, talking about babies and names.

"It's going to be a boy" Bella mused, "He will be named Jacob Charlie Black II, in memory of his big brother."

Shaking his head, Jake grinned. "It's going to be a girl and her name will be Sarah Renee Black, in respectable memory of our mothers."

Smiling brightly Bella nodded her head. "Definitely a girl, I like that name."

"How many kids do you want?" Jake asked, curious "I want 5".

"Woah!, you have to keep in mind that I am going to be the one carrying and delivering I say 4; 3 boys and a girl, so then the girl will be very protected."

"Yes, for sure any daughter of ours will need to be protected, she will be so beautiful."

Moving from Jakes side, Bella sat on his lap. Taking his hand she placed it on her flat stomach. "Hopefully things will go better this time."

Rubbing her stomach, Jake smiled. "Everything is going to be just fine." Moving Bella off his lap, Jake got to his feet. "How about I go and start a fire in the fireplace, make us some dinner and then we can cuddle in front of the fireplace and eat."

Bella nodded her head, adjusting her body so that she was comfortable. "That sounds nice"

Grabbing the throw blanket off the back of the couch, Jacob laid it across Bella, covering her body to keep her warm. "Got to make sure you are warm, while your human space heater is gone" Jake chuckled. Leaning down he kissed her several times on the forehead; Bella batted her hands playfully at him, trying to shoo him. "Jake, that tickles you need to shave."

"I thought you liked my scruffies just for that very reason"

"I like your scruffies when they don't scruff me" Bella laughed.

Rubbing his face, Jake rose his eyebrow. "Yeah I guess I could do with a good old shave, but I think I will go and make us dinner first." Leaning down, Jake kissed her once more, this time longer and more passionately then the first. "Mmmmh" he moaned quietly. "This baby making is going to be a lot of fun" Winking at Bella, Jake walked out of the room.

Bella's phone rang, the screen of her Iphone showed a picture of her father. Answering it quickly, she took a relaxed breath. "Dad, is everything okay?"

"Everything is fine Bells, I was just calling to check up on the worlds greatest daughter."

Shaking her head, Bella blushed. "That's slightly."

"You don't give yourself enough credit Bells."

"I give myself credit when credit is due dad"

"So how are you and Jake getting on, I know this past year has been rough and normally it would put any marriage on the rocks-" Charlie began.

"-Dad, we are doing okay... better than okay really. But-"

"-But what?" Charlie asked curiously.

"We are trying again, you know this whole starting a family thing."

A long silence, less than a minute, was between them before Charlie spoke.

"Are you sure you are ready to jump back in the game again Bells."

"I've never been so sure; um, we are expecting again."

"I'm not to sure if I will like being called Grandpa, its just a reminder of how old I've gotten and how much you've grown. Can the kids call me Charlie?" Charlie half-joked.

"Honestly Dad"

The conversation went on for almost an hour, until a freshly shaven Jake brought two plates of food into the room. "Dinner is ready babe" Jake smiled. "Is that Charlie?" Jake questioned, curious as to who was on the phone. Bella nodded her head once before handing Jake the phone.

"Hey Charlie, how're ya doing?"

"Same old, same old Jake. I heard you two were expecting again."

"Yeah, expecting." Looking down at Bella, Jake smiled. "Um, we should get going, I just finished dinner and I want Bella to get some food in her system."

"Okay, I should be getting my work done, we have a missing pregnant woman out here in Forks, don't tell Bella but its her friend Jessica from school." With that Charlie hung up.

Jake held the phone at his ear for a few seconds before slowly lowering it.

"Jake? What's wrong?"

Shaking his head, he forced a smiled. "Nothing is wrong" He lied cooly, "I was just trying to remember if I turned off the stove"

"Well did you?"

Jake nodded his head as he moved to the fireplace and began stacking logs in it. Minutes later a warm fire was brewing before them. Jake and Bella moved to the love seat in front of the fire place and began eating. After Jake lay across the loveseat, Bella in his lap.

"What are you thinking about?" Jake asked curiously, as Bella looked like she was hard in thought.

"I'm just thinking about how good it would feel to hold our baby in our arms fpr the first time, when the time comes I mean."

Wrapping his arms around Bella's waist, Jake kissed her. "I bet it feels amazing, no other feeling in the world like it."

Bella smiled, leaning back into Jakes arms for comfort. Yawning once, she was overcome by a deep sleep.