It's A Girl

Sitting beside Bella at an obgyn in Seattle, Jake and Bella held hands. Bella was now far along to tell the sex of the baby. Both Bella and Jake were hoping for a boy to give life to the name of the son that they lost. Today they would finally find out what they would be bringing home in 5 months.

"Isabella Black" A nurse called.

Getting to his feet quickly Jake looked towards the door. "Its Bella ma'am" He retorted kindly.

Following Jake to her feet, Bella laughed. "You stole the words right out of my mouth"

Jake and Bella walked hand in and into the back room, before they were placed in a private room. Bella got up onto the exam table and laid her head back. "This is it, we will get to see wether or not we get to see if we are having our Jacob or our Sarah."

Jacob leaned forward in her chair, placing his hand on her stomach Jacob rubbed it. "How's my little man doing" Jacob cooed to her stomach.

Suddenly the door opened and a doctor in teal scrubs walked in. "So how are you all doing this morning?" Without waiting for an answer he continued on. "Are you ready to see the sex of the baby?" Taking out a bottle of gel, the doctor lifted up Bella's shirt revealing her belly, and squirt a bit of gel on her stomach. "This might be a bit cold, but I am sure you are used to that by now." Taking the probe he rubbed the gel around before focusing on getting the image of the baby.

A warm feeling filled Bella's body as she heard the heart beat of her child.

"It's a girl" The doctor finally spoke after a minute of silence filled by the babies heart beat.

"Sarah Renee" Jake whispered. "You are going to be as beautiful as your mother"

Blushing at Jakes comment, Bella rubbed her stomach happily. "Sarah is not going to look like me, she is going to look like you. I can see it" The doctor clicked a button to print the picture of the baby, and quickly left the room. "Sarah is going to have your russett skin, your dark curly hair and my eyes."

Entering the room again, the doctor brought in a envelope containing the sonogram pictures. "You are good to go Miss" The doctor said in a stern voice, obviously making it clear that he had other things to do.

Cleaning off her stomach, Bella got quickly to her feet. "Wait!" Bella called out as the doctor turned to leave. "When is our due date?"

"November 10th" The doctor said before turning quickly and leaving, before they could hold him from his work any longer.

Bella smiled and turned to Jacob, "Did you hear that, 4 1/2 more months to go" Seeing a look of deep thought on his face, she crossed her arms. "What is it?" Bella asked nervously, bracing for the worst.

"November 10th is the Blood Moon"

"What is that?"

"Leah was born on a Blood moon, its how she is able to shift. Do you know what this means?"

Bella shook her head, a look of confusion stowed on her face.

"I'm the Alpha male of the wolf pack, when the time comes to pass on the title, the first born shifter is up to bat. If Sarah is born on the Blood Moon she will become the next Alpha when I step down."

"I'm not sure if I can handle my baby having to be born with all that weight on her shoulders."

Bringing Bella into his arms, Jake kissed her forehead. "I don't think I can bring my first born daughter into a life that is already wrote out for her. She needs to find and create herself, thats how it is supposed to be."

The doctor loudly cleared his voice, Bella and Jake stepped apart from one another looking towards the sound. "I need this office... now"

"Um, thank you sir" Bella muttered before walking with Jake out the door.

Sitting in the truck, on their way back home, Bella and Jake were deep in conversation about the future of their daughter to come.

"What do we do if she is born during the moon?" Bella questioned. "Will she had a choice?"

"Everyone has a choice, I did and I turned it down but I changed my mind and I got it back. Being a female Alpha is different, you get one shot. You either take it or you don't you don't get second chances at your choice." Jacob replied.

"Well if needed, when the time comes she will get her choice. Until then, I'd like to just put this to the back of my mind."

Pulling up outside the house, Jake turned off the truck. Taking Bella's hands into his own, Jake looked into her eyes. "Our family will get a choice, as the Alpha male I swear to it."

The corners of Bella's mouth slowly turned up, leaning in Bella kissed Jake. "I love you."

"I love you too baby" Moving his mouth close to Bella's belly he raised her shirt to expose the skin, "And I love you my beautiful baby girl." Jake finished, kissing Bella's stomach.