Chapter 14

Hai guys!!!

I'm dedicating this chapter to @AqsaArif because she is awesome!!

WHOOOHOOOOO

Have fun!!!

*Unknown POV*

“She has been discovered by them?” I ask, almost pleasantly, which was rare. I wasn't known for a pleasant presence, far from it really. The people I have secretly been recruiting almost pee their pants when they're called in, which is always hilarious.

The frail man in front of me nods rapidly, his body shaking in fear. I smirk gleefully. I love it when people fear me, just the thought of them being so scared of me that they do what I said, no matter the outcome.

“Does she know what she is capable of?” He doesn't answer, earning a sharp glare from me. He flinches and I almost smirk, but I hold back. “They haven't told her who her father is?” I question, taking a quick glance at the figure at my right. The man before me nods again, but this time I'm not pleased.

“Speak up.” I growl. “I can't get any information from one measly movement!” My voice rises, making him jump.

Taking a deep breath he swallows the noticeable lump in his throat before answering. “S-She knows her fa-father, but she doesn't know the extent of her po-powers.I-I don't think anyone does.” He lowers his head, waiting for me to dismiss him.

I smile evilly at his response. This will be so much easier than I thought.

“You may go.” I wave the man away. He scurries to the door, slamming it behind him. I frown at his slamming of my mahogany doors, but let it slide for now. I was in too much of a happy mood.

As soon as the door closes, a chained figure approaches from the shadows, glaring at me menacingly. “You won't get to her.” He spits. “Shes smart, much smarter than you. She is much more powerful and she will defeat you-”

“Shut it!” I snarl. “She is just a girl! I have waited 24 years for this, I have trained, I have learned. I have grown powerful. What has she done? Stayed with her mother while being bullied at school? Ha, pathetic thats what she is, not powerful.” I laugh deeply. “And if I cannot get to her in time, both her and you will suffer.”

He scoffs. “I don't know how you can make me suffer anymore.” I laugh, so naïve.

“But I can, and you know it. I can make her suffer.” I stare right into his eyes as the first spark of uneasiness ignites since the first time he was brought here. Not when I chained him up, not when I demanded answers, not when I tortured him. “I will make you watch helplessly as you hear the crack of the whip, as she screams, as she begs, as she wails for you to save her. I will laugh as you try to wiggle free. I will laugh when you look so desperate. I will laugh when you finally look lost of all hope.”His gaze turns scared for a second, before changing into an icy glare.

“She is not foolish enough to fall for your tricks!” He hissed, his eyes flashing with anger.

“Don't doubt me.” I bark. “I have someone I would gladly trade in.” I smile at him, hoping he wasn't too stupid to not get what I was implying. “I will get her and her powers and as soon as I do, she will be dead before your feet. Unless you are not dead before her.”

His eyes widen. “No! You are evil! You are mad!” He tries to pull against the chains, his ragged clothing wavering slightly. The chains rattle as he tries to break them, but he is unable. “She will defeat you because she is not evil! She will defeat you because she actually loves and doesn't make servants go do his dirty work to get power! She will defeat you because she is smart and clever and-”

“Enough!” I roar. “I will have that power and I will have her! She will bend to me, she will have to! Milo, Ricky, take him back to his cell, no food for him tonight. He doesn't deserve it.” He glares at me before being dragged away to the basement, where we installed cell cages.

When I first found this place, it was covered in dirt and grime. It took a whole six months to get it to it's now shimmering red state. I had made the small stone basement a dungeon, the first floor a kitchen, foyer, and maid chamber. It was empty before, but using a part of family inherited money, I was able to make it my kingdom, where I and I only rule, the way it's supposed to be. Of course, I have no subjects, or a village for that matter, but the image of a castle gives me a look on the future, being a powerful, unstoppable figure of all. I beam happily, already seeing it in my mind. All I need is that pathetic girl who doesn't know the extent of her powers that are within her. If only her father, I can't even address him properly, had gave up, maybe his precious daughter wouldn't be in my way.

*Mason’s POV*

I sneak a quick glance at Serena, hoping she didn't notice. I had been doing this the whole time we were walking down the girl dormitories, ignoring the lustful looks from some of the girls down the hallway. She hadn't noticed me staring at her yet, admiring the architecture with curious and wide eyes, but Gryphon and Robin had, sending me multiple winks and knowing smirks. She was beautiful, her midnight hair shined glossily, like black silk, wavering at the slightest movement of walking and her eyes. When I walked over to her and first noticed her eyes, I was surprised to say the least. No, I was started, yet amazed at the same time. They were the brightest of purple, like a blooming pansy. Not only were they fascinating, they meant that she was very all-powerful.

From what I have heard, the Hope family was one of the first wizarding and witchery family in the 1600’s, hiding their secret from the world and the Court of Oyer and Terminer, from the Salem Witch Trials. Almost every male was in the Cafél Court, Area 10 or higher, except John-Luke, Serena’s dad. No one knows why he never went for the job, most say it's because of Emily, but a lot of people think otherwise. After the fight between John-Luke and Harry, John-Luke was different. He never tried to be in contact with the Court, and stayed inside. People said it was because he was planning evil plans to destroy us all, others said that he had a big secret that he wanted no one to know. And I guess thats true, seeing as Serena, his daughter no one knew about, was here. But then again, that doesn't explain why he was like that before she was born.

Serena puts her small hand into mine, erasing my current thoughts, etching a smile onto my face.