Chapter 17: Reading Minds

I woke up to a silent house. I looked over to see if Xander was in bed, but he wasn't there.
I got out of bed and went downstairs. No one. I went to the kitchen and again no one.
What's going on?

I heard grunting and yelling coming from outside. I opened the door that leads to the back and saw everyone lined up and fighting each other. I scrunched my eyebrows and walked outside. I looked around and found Xander with his shirt off fighting Colton. I decided to walk over there but then I got attacked by some blonde chick. Michelle. I pushed her off of me and we both stood up.

"What the hell?!" I yelled.
She just laughed and ran to attack me again.
Oh he'll no!
I stepped out of the way and she fell to the floor. She growled, got up and turned to me.
"You'll pay for that!"
She went for a punch, but I grabbed her wrist and bent her arm towards her back. I put my knee on her spine and forced her to the ground.
She tried struggling out of my arms but to no victory.
"Stop!" Someone yelled. I looked up and it was Colton.
'Oh great.' I heard someone say. I looked around and didn't expect anyone. I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion.
"Lacey!"
"Huh?" I glanced back at Colton and he raised his eyebrows.
Realization went across my face and I said "Oh right. Sorry." I released Michelle.
Michelle growled at me when she stood up, making Xander growl back at her. I just shrugged. Colton rolled his eyes.
"Where'd you learn how to fight?"
Everyone paused waiting for my I answer.
"I didn't..learn to fight I mean."
Silence was what I got in response. People had shocked faces. Which soon turned to whispering.
"Well then how did you know what to do?"
I shrugged. "I don't know. Sometimes things just come naturally for me."
"Like what?" Colton asked in curiosity.
"I don't know cooking?"
Colton gave me a 'seriously' look.
I sighed. "I guess when I tended to Mia. I didn't know what to do, but it just came to me. Even when I was at the ball it felt natural to be here." Colton scrunched his eyebrows and mumbled interesting. 

I looked around and noticed the females getting bored and the males getting impatient.
"Um I'm getting hungry so I'll be inside. Continue what you guys were doing." I said and turned around. Once inside I shuttered from the feeling of everyone's eyes on me. I went in the kitchen and started making myself something to eat.
I felt a presence by my side and looked over. Xander was leaning on the refrigerator with his feet and arms crossed.
I turned backed to the stove and continued cooking the eggs.
'She's beautiful'
I turned to Xander.
"Did you say something?" Xander shook his head no. Xander got off the fridge and came up behind me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my neck.
"I was just thinking about how beautiful you are."
I smiled and said" I think you may have been thinking out loud." Xanders body went stiff.
"Why would you say that?"
I turned off the stove and turned towards him.
"Beacause I heard you." I said in a duh voice.
"Right, yeah, sorry." He said confused.
I laughed and gave him a peck on the lips. Apparently that wasn't good enough because he brought me back to his lips and kissed me passionately. I moaned and he backed me up into the refrigerator. He lifted me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist.
"Hello, fantastic day isn't it?"
We broke from the kiss and looked at Gabe. Gabe wasn't wearing a shirt.
"Where's your shirt?" I asked.
Just then Katrina walked in with Gabe' s shirt on.
"Nevermind." I mumbled.
Xander growled and let me go.
He glared at Gabe.
"You better not have done anything to her." Xander threatened.
Gabe let out a nervous laugh and rubbed the back of his neck.
"You mean as in hurt her? Right?" Gabe questioned.
I looked towards Katrina and she was trying to cover up and her face was red as a tomato.
Xander growled and raised his fist to Gabe. I grabbed his arm, told Gabe to enjoy the eggs and walked upstairs with Xander.
"I'm going to kill him."
I sighed. I'm getting fed up with this.
"Whatever." I said with a shrug.
Just like that Xander was off his high horse and looked at me with worry. "What's wrong?"
"Nothing."
"No tell me what is it?"
"I'm fine. Really."
I said entering the bedroom.
Xander followed.
"No, I know there is something wrong."
"I'm just fed up with the whole rivalry with you and Gabe. It needs to stop."
Xander mumbled sorry and hugged me from behind.
"He just bothers me."
"I know." I said with a sigh.
He kissed my cheek and let me go.
"I'll try to be good." He said with a smirk. I grinned. He sat on the bed and grabbed my hand, pulling me towards him making me stand between his legs.
I bend down and kissed his lips. He rested his hands on my bottom and I played with his hair. He sighed in content.
'I love you'
I turned my head. I didn't see his mouth move.
"What's wrong?"
"Um nothing. I just thought you said something."
Xander sighed, "Lacey I need to tell you something."
"What?"
"Well, sometimes when a werewolf finds another werewolf as a mate there's a possibility that they are able to read each others mind. It's a rare thing, it hardly ever happens and recently I have noticed you acting strangely. So, I guess what I'm getting at is have you been able to hear my thoughts?" Xander rushed out. 

"Uh..Xander I don't know if you have noticed but I'm not a werewolf."
Xander nodded, "Right, I know, but nothing's impossible."
"So, are you saying that I am capable of reading your mind?!"
Xander nodded.
I can't believe this.
"I know someone that might be able to give us answers."
I nodded. "Okay. Then let's go to that someone."