Chapter 6:History

Author note
                            ↓↓
     I got the history from a website
      °www.historicmysteries.com
I changed a little of the wording.
                               ~*~
"Uh, are you sure?" Xander asked.
"Yep." Lacey nodded.
"Okay, well let's see..oh in 1521, Pierre Burgot and Michel Verdun were accused of being werewolves. Historical records indicate that they were a serial killer team. In 1573, again in France, another werewolf was executed. His name was Gilles Garnier, otherwise known as the "Werewolf of Dole." He was a confessed serial killer. A more infamous werewolf is a German man named Peter Stummp. Peter was cought by neighbors in his wolf form. They witnessed him taking off his "wolf girdle" when they closed in on him. At which time, he re-assumed his human form. Peter confessed to murder, rape, and cannibalism. His mistress and daughter were tourtously executed immediately after he was. They were executed because, they had the knowledge of his crimes and for having sex with him. Yes, his daughter was executed for being raped by her father. Before Peter was captured he killed his son and ate his brain." 
Silence surrounded them after Xander told Lacey about some of the history.
"Wow. Okay what is a wolf girdle?"
Xander shurrged, "don't really know. I think it was a belt or something. It doesn't matter that part was false anyway."
Lacey nodded, "Okay, so, what is a werewolf exactly?"
Xander rubbed his stubble in thought.
"Well, to humans its a mythical, or folkloric human with the ability to turn into a wolf, either purposely or after being placed under curse."
"Wow, you sure do know your stuff."
Xander smiled and nodded. "Thank you I was taught well."
Lacey smiled at him.
They simply stared at eachother and unconsciously moved closer.
"Lacey!" She heard her name being called and a car door slam.
Lacey and Xander sighed and watched as Victoria swayed her way into Laceys' house.
Victoria stopped in her tracks when she saw Xander sitting with Lacey.
"Oh, well hello, there cutie. Did I interrupt?"
Lacey said no when Xander said yes. Victoria raised her eyebrows in question, but then smirked and winked at Lacey.
"Sorry, to intrude, but I have a good reason."
"And that reason would be.." Lacey ushered her on.
"Well, that man that just adores you, now what's his name? Oh yes, John told me that the beefy guys that were at the gas station were asking about you."
"You mean Tom and Jerry?" Lacey asked.
Victoria stare at her in confusion, while Xander was wondering why Thomas and Jared were looking For her.
"Yeah, sure." Victoria said slowly.
"Why were they looking for me?"
Victoria shook her finger. "No, no, I said they were asking about you. There's a difference. They asked John if you knew anybody that lives in the house if not then something about territory and punishment. Blah, blah, blah. Apparently, the ball was a private one." Victoria explained with a shrug. 
Xanders head shot up when Victoria said that Lacey would get punishment for entering the house without an invite.
"No need to worry. I live there." Xander whispered to Lacey.
Lacey calmed and nodded to Xander.
  After an hour Victoria left. Xander had mind-linked his Alpha saying that he did not need to worry about Lacey and that she was his mate. Colton replied with "congrats and good look with that one." Xander rolled his eyes. Lacey is fiesty, but Xander doesn't have any problem with it.
  Lacey and Xander were sitting on the couch closely together, but not touching. Lacey kept bouncing her leg up and down. Her thoughts were betraying her. She was thinking of all the possibilities Xander could do to her. Honestly, it frightened her, she never had such strong feelings for someone that she just met. She snuck a glance at Xander and noticed that he was biting his lip and taping his thumb on the couch. They both weren't even paying attention to the television. Lacey didn't know, but Xander definitely, had his own thoughts of what he would like to do as well.
  It was dark outside and all you could hear were crickets by the windows and doors. It didn't bother them, they both liked hearing them. It was sort of calming.
"So, uh-*clears throat*- got any plans tomorrow?" Xander asked huskly.
Lacey closed her eyes at the sound of his voice.
"I'm going on a run in the morning, then afterwards I'm free."
"You go on runs?" Xander asked.
Lacey nodded. "Yes, I walk, jog, and run to stay fit. I was a bit over weight when I was younger and I'm not going back to that again."
Xander stared at Lacey. She definitely had a fit body, but Xander didn't care. He would still find her attractive even is she was over weight.
"I think you look good."
Lacey snorted,"yeah now, but if you saw me in highschool you wouldn't have thought that."
Xander shook his head. "I would have found you undeniably beautiful."
Lacey rolled her eyes at him.
'Whatever' she thought.
"How much did you weigh in highschool...if you don't mind me asking that is?"
"I weighed about 180." Lacey replied with red cheeks from embarrassment.
"I'm pretty sure I still would have found you irrestible."
  Lacey looked at him and saw honesty in his eyes. It was different how she could tell his emotions just through his eyes. Which, makes her believe that he can read her like an open book too. Which, he can, he can sense her emotions too.
"I'm going with you tomorrow." He said.
"What?" Lacey asked coming back to reality.
"On the run, I'm coming with you."
"I won't be able to keep up. You have werewolf speed."
Xander smiled at her.
"I will run with you Lacey, not race you."
Lacey smiled and nodded.
"Okay. I'm sure I'll enjoy your company."
  Lacey turned off the television and grabbed some pillows and blankets to the couch. Xander had wanted to stay so, Lacey said he could, but only on the couch. Xander was a little disappointed, but he would accept her wishes.
   Lacey got everything ready and went to bed herself. Both of them were thinking