Chapter 13:Unexpected love

Laceys POV
Upon, entering the pack house, I had a sense of familiarity. I didn't see to much people around. I felt a tap on my shoulder and when I turned around the driver who almost ran me over was there.
"Hello, Lacey. I'm Colton."
It took me a few seconds to realize what he said.
"Excuse me, what?"
"I'm Colton. Nice to finally meet you properly."
I glared at him and crossed my arms.
"So, are you going to apologize?" I asked, trying not to raise my voice.
"Yeah, I apologize for almost running you over. Forgive me?"
I thought it over. At least he is sorry.
"Yeah, okay."
Colton smiled which made me look at him differently. Colton's quite attractive when he's being nice. A smile broke out on to my face.
"So, what are you doing here?"
"Oh," I said rolling my eyes, "Xander's being a douche."
Colton gave me a curious gaze.
"How so?"
"He called me stupid."
Colton had a look of surprise on his face, but then it turned to understanding.
"Yeah, well, today hasn't been his lucky day. Come to my office and I'll tell you all about it, okay?"
I nodded, "okay."
Walking into Colton's office, I noticed it wasn't like Xander's at all. This office looks old and worn out. Colton noticed how I was looking around in confusion.
"My father passed away and I didn't have the heart to change anything." Colton said with sadness.
I just shrugged and nodded, understanding why he didn't.
"Please sit down." Colton suggested pointing to one of the two chairs in front of his desk. I sat down while Colton sat across from me, behind his desk.
"Today the elders showed up. Elders are above supernatural beings. They are like the government for the supernatural. One of the elders, Sage, has a past with Xander. Anyway, they are here for the annual checkup as people would say. They check to make sure everything is going well and if the leaders of the pack are still capable of leading. That is why Xander had to come here. I wish I could tell you more, but that is Xander's job not mine."
I nodded, but still had to ask, "Why did Xander get all mean though? If they were doing a checkup?"
"Sage. See Sage was apart of Xander's past. He did something that Xander didn't like. If you have any further questions about Sage you will have to ask Xander." Colton said professionally.
After he spoke that Xander and Gabe went through the office door.
Xander looked at me and sighed in relief. I sighed and stood up. I looked at Colton and nodded in thanks.
"Thank goodness we found you. Xander was getting pissy." Gabe said patting Xander's shoulder smirking. I cracked a smile and shook my head. Xander glared at him and forcefully removed Gabe's hand. He looked at me in regret and started walking to me slowly like I was going to attack him. That thought has crossed my mind.
"Lacey-", he started. I crossed my arms and raised my eyebrows at him. "-I'm so sorry. I basically called you stupid, but that's not what I meant."
I rolled my eyes and walked the rest of the way to Xander and hugged him. He seemed shocked, but then he smiled and hugged me back tightly.
"Okay, sorry to breakup up the makeup, but I need to use the bathroom so, if you could point the way that would be great, really." We broke apart and Xander glared at him.
"I swear one of these days I'm going to kill you." Xander said.
Gabe laughed and said, "Oh Xander buddy, I bet you I'll grow on you if I stay long enough."
Xander groaned while Colton laughed. "The bathrooms upstairs it's the door to the right. It's across the wolf painting." Colton said.
Gabe nodded and said his thanks, then left the room.