Chapter 24: Xander Wakes

"Lacey?" Xander mumbled.

I am sitting next the bed that Xander is laying in. I look up at Xander with surprise.

"Xander! Yes, I am here! I'm here." I say taking his hand.

"I saw how you fought to protect me. It was kind of hot." I said hoarsely.

I laughed and shook my head. "Oh shut up." I say with a big smile on my face.

Xander looks at me and smiles. "Come here."

I lean in and he kisses me.

"I'm sorry I worried you."

I shake my head. "No, it's okay. I just got really angry when they were hurting you, that I just lost control."

Xander sat up with a grunt. "I know the feeling. When I first changed I was angry about everything and one day I lost control and almost hurt Colton."

I raised my eyebrows in surprise. "Really, you? What did you do?"

"One of the pack members was messing with Katrina and I started fighting him. Colton tried pulling me back because I was taking it to far. I turned on him and started fighting Colton."

"Wow."

"Yeah all I saw was red."

I nodded thinking about how that was for me on the battlefield.

Xander cleared his throat. "Can I get some water."

"Oh yes of course! Sorry I forgot."

Xander laughed with a slight wince. "Don't worry about it."

Xander was up moving around again and he and Colton went into Coltons' office to talk. I saw Katrina and Gabe in the kitchen and I noticed Gabes' sent was off. My eyes widen in realization.

"Oh Xander is going to kill you." I said to Gabe.

"What?"

"Katrina marked you!"

Gabe blushed sheepishly. "So? He marked you."

"Yeah, but Katrina is his sister."

"Hey my brother can say all he wants but that doesn't change a thing." Katrina said.

I smiled and said,"yeah you're right."

"Oh by the way your wolf is so beautiful." Katrina complemented.

"Not to mention that your fighting skills were badass." Gabe added.

I blushed, "Thanks."

Xander walked into the kitchen and growled. He cleared his throat and with his teeth clenched he said,"Congratulations on your marking."

Gabe smiled and said proudly, "Why thank you Xander."

I smiled with affection at Xander. I walked up to him and circled my arms around him.

"I love you." I said looking up at him.

He smiled down at me. "I love you too."