Chapter 20: Home

At her house she walked to the kitchen and found a note. She furrowed her eyebrows and read the note.

Lacey I couldn't believe it was you when I saw you. I would like to meet you. You have grown up to be a beautiful young lady. I will be waiting for you in the woods behind the gas station at 10 tonight.

The letter was signed today. Lacey crumbled up the note and threw it away. She decided she needed a nice long shower.

Exiting the shower Lacey got dressed and entered her kitchen. The note was burning a hole in her head. She reached down and grabbed it and read it again.

I will be waiting for you in the woods behind the gas station at 10 tonight.

Lacey sighed and shoved the note in her pocket. She looked at the clock and it read, 4:25. It's been about an hour since she left the pack house.

"What am I going to be doing for 6 more hours?" She thought.

Lacey looked around the house and decided to clean. She grabbed the vacuum and moved the couch and chair out of the way.

6:30 p.m. Lacey has vacuumed, dusted, cleaned the counter tops, swept, cleaned the windows, and did laundry. She heaved a sigh and grabbed her phone noticing 2 missed calls from Xander. Lacey it redial and called him back.

"Lacey are you okay?"

"Yeah, I was just cleaning. Is something wrong?"

"No, but you just left so I called to make sure you got home safely."

"Yeah, I'm fine.....so you wanna come over?" 

Lacey heard Xander clear his throat.

"Uh..yeah..sure."

Lacey smiled to herself.

"Okay, see you soon."