Chapter 3: The ball

Laceys' dress in pic∞
♦Lacey's POV
  I woke up to howling. It sounded pained, it was weird. I got up out if bed, I yawned and stretched. I walked over to my closet and grabbed a pair of dark denim capries, a deep blue shirt, and red under garments. I walked in the bathroom to change and get ready. I brushed my hair, teeth, and straightened my hair.
I walked down the hallway into the kitchen and made myself a small breakfast.
  When, I finished my breakfast my phone started to ring. I walked over to it and looked at the caller ID.
"Hey" I answered
"Hey chica. I have news." Victoria greeted.
"Okay and this news is..." I said trying to usher her on.
"I was invited to a black and white ball!" She squealed.
"That's great! By who?"
"Well, a guy I met. No need for details just come with me."
"You want me to come with you to a ball?" I said surprised.
"Well, duh no need to act surprised. You are my true friend. Now go shopping get a dress and be ready by 7. I'll be picking you up bye."
"Wait Vic-" I looked down at my phone.
"She hung up on me. Unbelievable." I scoffed.
  I walked into my room and looked in my closet for a dress. There was nothing, but I remembered my mom.
She told me one time that she went to a mascaraed and that's where she met dad. I quickly walked to my garage that was filled with boxes. I looked at the labels and about 15 min later I found the dress. It was under 'memories'. I grabbed the dress set it on my bed and started on my hair. I curled it and clipped it to the side. I started on my makeup. I did a black smokey eye with white shimmery eyeshadow, I put a light pink blush on, and mascara that made my eyelashes long and thick. I finally, put on nude lipstick.
  PI walked into my room and put on my dress carefully. I zipped it up and put on my black heels. I sighed and when I was just about to call Victoria the door bell rang. I walked to the door and opened it.
  I stared at Victoria. She looked drop dead gorgeous. Her dress is black with white flower lace. The dress stops above her knees, but a see through material finishes it off.
She has her white pumps on and her hair is in a classic bun. Her make-up is simple, but sophisticated with a cat eye and red lips.
"Wow. You look good sugar momma."
Victoria commented. I rolled my eyes at her.
"Are you kidding? You look amazing."
"Why thank you. I don't even try."
I smiled at my friend. Of course she would say that.
"Ready to hit the road?"
I nodded and we headed off.
A/n= Victorias' dress with be in the next chapter. :)
  I was feeling nervous. I haven't done much since moving out here in Missouri. I've done things that I'm comfortable with. Victoria is driving down a long dirt road that is surrounded by the woods. Once, we were close enough I saw cars parked everywhere. I saw a couple of people with beautiful dresses. Victoria parked her car and we got out.
We stood in front of a gigantic off white house. It had about 3 stories and there were windows everywhere.
We walked in and the place was crowded with people.
"So where's the guy that invited you here?" I asked. I looked towards Victoria and she had a guilty expression.
"Uh about that. We weren't exactly invited."
"What?!" I screeched. People around us turned their heads.
"I heard about it so I just wanted to join in. Since we're here may as well have fun." She said. I calmed down a bit.
"Fine, but if they tell us to leave, we leave. Got it?"
She nodded with a big smile on her face. We moved towards the back and saw that the back door was opened. We walked in the backyard and as Victoria and I walked to the drink table people were looking at us.
"Tori people are staring at us."
"Uh huh honey they are staring at you."
I glanced around feeling my anxiety spike. I grabbed a drink from the refreshment table.
"Hey there." A male voice said. I looked up and it was the two boys at the gas station.
I rolled my eyes. "Hi."
"What's your name?"
"What's yours?" I countered.
They smirked.
"I'm Thomas."
"I'm Jared."
"I'm Lacey." I looked behind me and Victoria was no longer there. I looked around and saw some guy talking to her.
"Well, Lacey you are going to have to come with us." Thomas said.
"Okay, look here Tom and Jerry. I am not going anywhere with you and if you so much as touch me, you will regret it."
They looked at me with their eyebrows raised.
"Tom and Jerry seriously?"
I grunted. "Of course that's the only thing you heard." I turned around and walked off into the house.
  I climbed upstairs, curious of the place. I walked another flight of stairs so, I was on the top floor. I walked down the hallway and saw a portrait of a wolf howling to the full moon. It was a lovely picture. Underneath it, it said, 'The first Lycanthrope'.
"Hmm. The first werewolf." I said.
"How did you know that?" A deep voice asked. The voice sent chills down my spin, in a good way.
I turned around and saw a tall man maybe 6"1 with brown hair, but when I saw his eyes my breath got caught in my throat. They were an amazing amber color.
"How'd I know what?"
"Lycanthrope."
"Uh uh I um my mother was a mythology major." I stammered.
He nodded.
"What's your name?" He asked politely.
"Lacey. Yours?"