Chapter 8:Meeting Katrina

"Hey, Xander! Wake up!" A voice yelled. The person was about to open the door when, Xander quickly got up and answered it.
  Lacey rubbed her eyes and sat up. She looked over at Xander. The door was half closed and Xander was whispering. Curious, Lacey got up and went over to the door.
"Katrina, could you come back later?"
"Why?" Katrina asked.
Lacey furrowed her eyebrows.
"Because, I uh-" before Xander could finish Lacey grabbed the door handle and swung it open.
Katrina's jaw dropped to the floor.
"Xander! You told me that you don't do whores!"
"Right-"
"So, why in the world is there a girl half dressed in your room?! I thought you were waiting for your mate!"
"Right-"
"Tell me Xander! Why?!"
Lacey's jaw was practically dragging on the floor. Xander was getting angry at Katrina for making assumptions.
"Katrina, will you let me talk?" Xander asked aggravated.
Katrina sighed and looked at Lacey.
"Close your mouth slut. Don't want to catch any flies do you?"
Lacey quickly closed her mouth and turned around. Her eyes were starting to sting, while she slowly grabbed her clothes.
"Katrina! How dare you?! Your making my mate cry!"
Lacey closed the bathroom door and started to get dressed.
"M-mate?" Lacey heard Katrina say. Lacey walked out and put on a straight face. "Hello, I'm Lacey. Xanders mate. What is your name?"
Xander was getting a little scared. He has never seen his mate like this. So-so neutral. Like, she is shutting out everything. She's like a robot right now.
"I-I'm so so sorry. I didn't know-"
Lacey raised her hand up, stopping Katrinas rant.
"It's fine, I just haven't been called that in a while. It brought up memories. Now, please tell me your name?"
"I'm sorry. I'm Katrina, Xanders sister." Katrina says with a small smile.
Xander is looking at Lacey. Thinking what kind of people would tell Lacey that she's a slut.
"Right, well, I'm looking forward to a day when I don't get insulted. Until, then Xander I'll be leaving. See you soon." Lacey said monotonesly.
Before, Xander knew what was happening Lacey was out of the room. "Xander, I'm so so sorry. I shouldn't have said anything like that."
"If I lose my mate over something like this. I'll be very very angry Katrina."
"I know I didn't know that-"
"Right, you didn't know. So, you shouldn't have assumed. I'm going to see if I can contact Lacey. Stay here."
Xander ordered.
Xander went outside and pulled out his phone.
"Hello, this is Lacey. Sorry, I can't come to the phone right now. Call-" Xander hung up with a growl. He walked back inside, into his room.
"Okay, Katrina. Why did you come?"
"Um I was just going to tell you that I was invited to a party. I was wondering if I could go?"
"Let me get back to you."
Katrina nodded and left the room.
Xanders phone buzzed and he picked it up.
"Hello?"
"Hey, sorry I didn't answer. I was driving." Lacey's voice rang through his ears.
Xander let out a sigh of relief.
"N-no it's fine. Are you okay?"
"Yeah, I'm fine. When, I was in highschool. I told you I was bullied. They would call me names and would say stuff like that."
"I'm sorry Lacey. So, is Katrina."
"I know. She was just looking out for you."
"So, what are you doing right now?"
Lacey's laugh was music to his ears.
"I'm making toast. You?"
"I'm talking to the most beautiful woman, but then you called."
Lacey laughed, "Oh, okay. So, does that mean I can call Tom back and have sweet sweaty-"
"No." Xander growled, "why was Thomas there?"
"He wasn't. I was just teasing. Now, I was planning on going to the store. Wanna come?"
"Yes." Xander said instantly.
"Okay." Lacey said giggling.
Xander smiled and got dressed.
"Alright, be there in a few."
"Mkay, bye handsome."
With that Xander left to Laceys'.
Xander and Lacey are at the grocery store. Xander loves it. Being with Lacey and getting food. It feels like a couple thing to do and he loves every second of it.
"Why are you smiling like that?" Lacey asked Xander.
Xander tried dimming his smile, but he couldn't.
"Sorry, it's just I love doing this with you."
Lacey smiled and grabbed his hand, interlacing their fingers. The mate bond sending shocks up their arms. They both love that feeling.
"Xander when am I going to turn like you?"
"When I mark you."
"Right and that is?"
Xander looked at Lacey and then looked around him. Too many people. "Not here."
Lacey nodded in understanding. Lacey payed for the groceries and put them into her car.
Once, they both were in the vehicle Xander explained.
"Being marked means I'm showing everyone that you are mine. In order for me to mark you, I have to bite you. It does hurt for a little bit, but then it is pleasure. The bite mark will heal and left on your neck will be a symbol of our love. I do not know what it will look like."
"When you are marked and we haven't made love, then when you turn you will go into heat. Now, the answer to when will you turn, is that you will turn three hours after you are bit."
Lacey looked at Xander with interest.
"What's heat?"
"It's when you're turned on to the level that you get hot and nothing can cool you down and all you want is pleasure and if you do not get it then the heat will become worse. In some cases you could die due to over body heat, not eating, nor drinking, or a heart attack."
Laceys' eyes were wide. Xander felt her frantic emotion and looked at her concerned.
"Don't worry, you won't die. I promise. I shouldn't have said that. I'm sorry. I won't let anything happen to you." He said trying to calm her down.
Lacey gulped, "Okay, um what else about mates?"
Lacey was trying to get off the dying topic. Xander sensed this and answered her question.
"Well, when you are a were you and I can mindlink no matter where we are, we can feel everything eachother are feeling, we can send eachother images, and we always know where eachother are unless you are far away."
Lacey nodded, "Okay, and mindlink is?"
"Mindlink is communicating in your head."
"Oh, okay, perfectly normal."
Xander noticed her humor and laughed. "Yes, all of this is normal for the non-normal."
Lacey smiled and started to drive home.
On their way home Xander and Lacey got to know eachother better.
They laughed and held hands, but there is something they both want to do. But they don't want to scare eachother so they don't do it.    Fortunately, Lacey is thinking about saying it. She has thought about for a longtime, even though they both haven't known eachother long. It's inevitable that it's going to happen sooner or later.
  Lacey pulled into her drive way and her Xander walked up to the house, totally forgetting the groceries. When, Lacey was at her door she started.
"Xander, I just wanted to tell you that I-"
Lacey couldn't finish. Not because she didn't want to, but because when she opened the door someone who she never thought she would see again was standing there. In her living room.
                     Authors A/n
                              ↓↓
Katrina is Xanders sister and what she looks like is in the the photo.
Thanks for reading, comment and vote ★‼❗