Prologue

Zestria...a barren land...a lifeless land. Nothing seems to exist that says that anyone lives here, no people, animals, not even wind or sun light. It was as if the land has yet to be born...but yet cracks and craters were scattered throughout the barren lands. Earthquakes would sound and vibrate throughout this empty world. But nothing lives here right?

Well...technically that's true so two beings have come to claim it as their own. No-one knows where these two came from...only that they wanted it for themselves. These beings were a man and woman. The woman had long glistening blonde hair and adorned in an, almost full, suit of light silver. The man had fiery red shoulder-length hair and wore only a black jacket and leather like pants.

These beings, only known as Luna and Solomon, are as different as can be. Luna is known for her courage, kindness and amazing adaptability in combat. She brings weaponry made of almost pure light and the very elements of water and earth. Luna exhumes elegance and grace while her opponent couldn't be more different.

  Solomon is known for valour, courage and his tactful mind. Solomon fought with his own body, thrusting earth-shattering punches and kicks, and commanded ferocious flames and piercing wind. Solomon loved the thrill of fighting and the adrenaline from pain.

Yet despite these differences...neither one could claim victory from the other. The two fought for days on end, these days turned into months...and the months into years. The evidence of their long fighting lay peppered over their bodies. With Luna cracks and scratches all over her once shiny armour, now dull and dirty. With Solomon many cuts and scars over his naked body.

Realising they were going to be in a forever stalemate...they both declared a duel. They would each launch a single attack and whoever triumphed would claim the world as their own. So the two stood facing each other...preparing for their final showdown.

Luna had put her hands to her side and positioned them as if holding an invisible ball. Between her hands a sphere of blue light signalling spiralling rapidly. Solomon had spread his arms out and produced a small sphere of red in each hand. Solomon then thrust his hands forming joining the two together into one large sphere.

As the two finished...they each call out only two words. Solomon begun "Raging Spirit Cannon!" a large beam of crimson red burst out carving the land in its wake. Luna thrust her hands forward with the sphere of light blue

"Spirit Stream!" a beam of bright blue, equal to the red beam, burst out of her hands almost carving the land. These two attacks erupted from them, gradually drawing closer until they clashed.

The two titanic attacks of apparent equal measure, clashed. The force of the collision sent ripples throughout the whole land. Both these titans struggled and pushed but neither one could triumph over the other. The two attacks continued pushing until...a flash of light engulfed them both.

Both were knocked out from the light but when they came too...a surprise was all around them. The land was a green paradise of life. Grass brushed against their feet, the calling of birds sounded in the air, the rushing of water cut through the landscape and the wildlife seemed completely abundant. 

The two were unsure what had happened after the flash of their struggle. Did they travel to an alternate world? Did they travel to the world's past or future? Or did their attacks in-fact create life in this barren land? The only thing that was clear was this land was suitable for human life.

Luna and Solomon then looked at each other with the sudden silence around them. It was as if nature was preparing for their continued fight...but then their reached out and shook each other's hands. They agreed to govern the world together.

Over the decades the world was now inhabited by the children of Luna and Solomon. Their divine powers had passed through to the next generation, in almost balanced measure. The powers would alternate for every child, one would possess' power of Luna and the next would possess the power of Solomon. However over time...things began to grow strange...then horribly wrong.

Solomon's power began to become majorly existent in his grandson's while Luna's power now could only be found in her granddaughters. Solomon did find a few of his daughter's to have inherited his power but Luna had almost no sons inheriting hers. These powers, that were once balanced, were now split between the genders...and this gave birth to a monster.

Luna and Solomon discovered the monster's name...is jealousy. This in turn sparked a great fight, between the children of Solomon and Luna. At one time Solomon and Luna's fight was over honour and pride...but this fight was over jealousy and ego.

This new fight fractured the populace into two. Those light of heart and those dark of heart. The Dark of heart were those that carried the power of Solomon. Comprised of majorly males, with only a few females, they carried the powers of wind and fire. They enjoyed fighting and the thrill of battle. They thought of the light of heart as weaklings and hated their arrogance.

The light of heart were those that carried the power of Luna. The light of heart was almost entirely female, only a very, very minor few were male. They carried the powers of water and earth and preferred grace while carrying elegance in their fights. They looked down upon the dark of heart as barbarians.

For Luna and Solomon is was a sad time. For once it was a peaceful and bountiful land...now it was a battle ground fuelled by jealousy and arrogance. It seems the only things not present...were the two qualities which each of them carried with great esteem. Kindness of Luna and Honour of Solomon.

What also great saddened them...was Humanity was now on the road to extinction. With the people mostly factioned, and lack of alternate genders in both sides, not many children could be born. And what was worse...these children would only add to the flames of war, already lit and constantly searing across the land.

Luna and Solomon thought of quelling the fighting...but the darkness was too strong within their children's hearts. Even if they wanted to...Luna and Solomon knew the fighting would not end.  Seeing their once vibrant world slowly being destroyed...their only option was to separate the factions...to prevent any more damage from taking place.

In this act of sadness...the two beings built individual kingdoms where the populace could live separate from one another. Dark Saber were those Dark of Heart reside and Radiant Dawn where for those light of heart. Then as the two towns were made...Luna and Solomon simply left.

No-one knew where they had gone...and this greatly saddened the populace. The beings had just simply disappeared, as if they never existed. All that was left...was a single line...the child of twilight will save this world. With this the kingdoms continued their endless fighting...with this single message engraved in their hearts.

Who was this child of twilight? And how would this person save this fractured world...no-one knew. For most this story is carried throughout history...but for one person however this was only a mere story...a simple fairy-tale.

For this person, and many others on the land of Earth, Zestria was a mere fairy-tale, a world of make-believe. A story told to children during the coming of the night. For this person however...his story was engraved into his heart...due to it being a vital memory of a person he had long forgotten.

This person, a rather scared teenage boy, lives alone with his uncle having this story as his only memory of the mother he can't remember. However...as with most lives, sometimes the first step on a long journey...starts with a simple...push.