MSM - Chapter 35

Hello to you all! Just a little something sad to say here...MSM will be finished in a few chapters time *le gasp* that’s right! So show some love for the final few times! After all, you may never see Lucas and Shane again....unless you re-read the book of course... But still!

*Lucas’s P.O.V*

We all spared no second getting towards the place where we heard Shane’s scream, the closer we got the more frightening his screams were as they crossed across our minds, our body’s refusing to cooperate as they begin to become paralysed with fear.

I began to go numb in fear and pain, as Shane and I were fully bonded now I could feel part of his pain and judging by how my body was aching and on the brink of collapsing into the unconscious it wasn’t good. But even then I knew he was bearing the constant throbbing and stinging of his body in a way that was ten times worse than to what I was feeling.

We skidded to a stop in front of yet another door in this dingy dungeon like basement, but this one was very different then all the rest. It looked like it was cleaned regularly and painted over two with fresh white paint and an alarming sign printed in big on metal labelled the room.

I sent chills down my spine and I could hear the others shudder in disgust. The words read Wolf Laboratory. But I didn’t let those words stop me from reaching my soul mate, I couldn’t. We all broke down the door and rushed in with our mouths open teeth bared in a snarling position. By now Shane’s whimpers had turned a little quieter and into nothing more than whimpers as he neared an unconscious state.

My eyes and my wolf immediately sought him out in the brightly lit laboratory amongst all the machinery and other contraptions and found him in the middle of the room, strapped to a metal bed with another machine hovering above him. His real father was also strapped down onto the bed but looked as though he was unconscious.

Two men seemed to be standing over Shane and beating him to a bloody pulp as he faded in an out of consciousness, his breathing became shallower as each second ticked by slower and slower for him. Our little racket seemed to warn the rest of the building that there were intruders around and they all rushed in but I didn’t see a leader amongst them.

I guess that Coward who is causing all this unnecessary bloodshed is still in hiding, sending in his minions to wear us out first. No matter, he would be in the pile of the deceased soon to join his companions.

I sent Alexia Elliot and Mark for Shane’s dad and the rest to take care of the two brutish looking men so that I could escape with Shane and get to safer ground. Then, if they still hadn’t come back, I would either finish everyone their off or I could take them back to my pack for them to face in the name of our law all the crimes they had committed.

As soon as Zeke and Zack had removed the last goon I rushed in to see a horrifying sight then had no words to describe it, all I knew is that if Shane didn’t get immediate care now he wouldn’t be alive for so long and I just couldn’t allow nor accept that. I shifted back into a human again and was about to take him into my arms when I was pushed aside by a sudden force.

I roared at the person ad found it to be one of the people who were the cause of all this, the reason my mate was dying. But where were the guys who were supposed to take care of him? I risked a quick look behind him to see all four of them struggling to finish him. I guess they left this one for me then?

Just then the man managed to stand on wobbly and gnarled legs that looked like it had been used as a chew toy for a dog – which in a sense it had I guessed. My eyes gleamed mischievously yet chillingly enough to make the seven feet or so man wince slightly beneath my gaze. I let my very fuming and savage wolf take over before I stepped back into the dark...

*Mark’s P.O.V*

I ripped of yet another piece of meat from another nameless enemy, it didn’t really matter to me now. My wolf had gone into a sort of blood lust daze from all of the crimson liquid that flowed around him, he hadn’t hunted for days and it felt good to be hunting new prey, one that was about evenly match for him.

Except this wasn’t a game, the stakes were our lives and I sure as hell wasn’t going to lose mine, I had everything to live for! I had just finished killing this body when another wolf jumped onto my back. I thrashed and writhed, bucking my back in an attempt to get him off but he held on by digging his claws into me, blood seeping out from my wounds.

I hissed through clenched teeth when suddenly the weight disappeared and there was a loud shriek before the usual sound of slaughter reoccurred. I turned in shock to see a blooded wolf with his chest heaving – and not just any wolf but Elliot’s. I didn’t want to be rude but this didn’t mean I wasn’t any way near to kindling a relationship with him so I licked his face in thanks.

I could practically feel his glee radiating off of  him which made me roll my eyes, it’s not like I could do much else to express my gratitude. We had taken down at least half of the room now and the once clean pristine white walls weren’t so clean and pristine now...but a little bit more red if you catch my drift.

Alexia had stayed with where we left the unconscious man and decided to guard and take care of him since she was the only one here who knew how to nurse someone apart from her brother – but he had his own duty to fulfil. I threw down the limp carcass from my teeth to the floor and looked to see if Lucas had succeeded in bringing Shane to safety, but he was still trapped!

My instincts as his friend and practically twin brother came over as I rushed over but was stopped by a shady figure. I was only a few feet away when I froze where I stood in the middle of this battlefield as a man slipped through the murder area and tried to sneak Shane’s body out of here – not on my watch!

He seemed obviously suspicious as everyone around him was a wolf and fighting to the death. He had s stocky build but even from here I could smell that he hadn’t washed for days! But underneath all that was a familiar scent... Unfortunately I couldn’t see his face as he was wearing a hooded cloak, like, seriously? Who wears a hooded cloak nowadays except little red riding hood?

My chest rumbled with a threatening growl as I bounded over to my wounded friend, my companion, and my ex-boyfriend. After all we had been through together he deserved a better send off than being beaten to death then kidnapped by some guy. I caught up to them and ripped of the flimsy cloak concealing him from my view only to see...him.

I admit I was shocked and couldn’t move for a while which gave him an opportunity to run which he took very quickly. But I quickly shook myself of that stupor and bounded after him, through the battlefield, out the basement and hidden cabin in the woods and into the emerald home of our wolves.

 I dodged every branch and twisted tree root that tried to slow me down, moving gracefully and swiftly as I saw Shane’s limp body bouncing slightly as the man ran before me, he too used his unnatural werewolf strength so we were matched there.

I heard feet bounding after me and relaxed after recognising the scent of a familiar ally – Elliot. Though it wasn’t exactly someone I would have chosen I couldn’t be picky in a life and death situation in a way it’s kinda nice to know he’s looking out for me.... I immediately shook my head to get the thoughts out of my head and focus, now’s not the time for sentimental thoughts and nor is it the place. I don’t think I should even be thinking these things! It might make me forgive him!

I hadn’t realise I had been too immersed into my thoughts to realise we were running into a cave – a dead end for him. By now almost all of his companions will have been killed or are still dying so I had more back up now, in fact everyone but Alexia – who was caring for our wounded – was here.  Lucas came up

In his wolf form to lead us and me obediently backed down from my Alpha standing beside Damon and Damian. We waited with our eyes on the darkest parts of the cave where he was presumably hiding with Shane. Though we could see in the Dark, this place was huge so we couldn’t see that well here.

Then a sudden sound made us all twitch and focus on once spot, where a match striking had sounded. We all looked in horror as we saw a crazed looking Tim holding Shane effortlessly in one hand, a candle in the other. If it wasn’t obvious enough to what he was planning, they were bathed in oil...

O.O BOOM! Weren’t expecting that now, where you? 10 comments on aquaphobia for me to upload.