MSM - Chapter 36

Yep, Dramatic moment is about to happen so hang on to whatever! But I’m not sure if I should let Shane live or not…I had planned for him too but I think making him die might be better… I sounded kinda creep and like a serial killer there but still, what do you guys think?

*Damon’s P.O.V*

We watched with baited breath as that monster holding my little sister’s best friend struck the match nosily and lit it on fire, the light seeming unreal and little but it was so much more important. That match might be the thing that causes someone to lose their life, for two people and one who we love very much in this case.

I have to admit, when I first announced that I was coming back I didn’t expect it to be quite this chaotic and disruptive, it was a shock to us all even when after years of staying low as a rouge he decided to finally take action upon us all and get revenge for something that was his own fault and caused him to lose his soul mate. His wife was a wonderful woman and always treated everyone as if they were her own child.

She never judged me or anyone else and always listened to us or help us when we needed a shoulder to cry, the pack couldn’t believe what had happened when it was announced that she had been murdered, and by her mate no less. I guess it shows that love can also be a destructive thing in some ways then huh?

But anyways, even if one mate was lost we couldn’t let Vivian’s child die too, it was too early for him! I don’t think Lucas would be able to carry on and lead the pack without him like his father did, he never go the chance to get married, have kids or anything like that, it wouldn’t be fair on him or the rest of us.

Luckily his seemed to be in his right mind for now at least as one order rang out loudly and clearly in our minds from our pack link, Save Him. The plan was that when he dropped the match and while he burnt, we would try to grab Shane out of his grip while trying to control the fire so that it doesn’t spread, though it was almost definitely impossible we had to try.

Time seemed to slow down as he finally loosened his grip and the match slowly twirled in the air, the flame flickering before it finally descended…And the whole thing went ablaze. We all instantly recoiled from the blast of heat that hit us while the insane man just cackled and howled with glee.

The heat was almost unbearable, already charring some of our outer fur and turning it black. But we held strong, we had to. We couldn’t escape while someone we loved was in the clutches of a monster; Shane was like a younger brother to me! We always used to try and get revenge on Alexia whenever she pranked us.

But the question was who would save him?  It couldn’t be Lucas because he would be the obvious option and Tim knows it, he eyes would be trained mostly on him so one of us had to do it. Alexia was obviously unable to as she wasn’t even here, Mark was no option, and he would never make it anytime despite how fast he could be. So it would have to be me Damian, Elliot, Zeke, or Zack. And I’m pretty sure Zeke wouldn’t let Zack walk into a death trap so let’s count him off too.

I guess it’s my responsibility

Yet before I could even move, a six feet tall wolf was flying over us and through towards where Shane was held. We all looked up in shock as he landed just behind them, yet Tim was too intent on Lucas and too disorientated from not being in his human form for years. It was still a mystery to us all about how he managed to shift back but right now, it wasn’t first priority.

I looked back at the rest of us but was shocked to see no one was missing. Who was this mysterious wolf? Would he be Shane’s saviour or is he on the opposing side? My question was answered when he took a sudden leap towards Tim, presumably heading for the neck but Tim just happened to turn around in time to avoid the attack. The wolf growled threateningly but Tim just grinned with a maddened gleam in his eyes.

Shane’s eyes fluttered slightly then before he blinked and woke up, in a lot of pain too from the look of it. Realising his predicament, he tried to break free of his father’s hold but when Tim squeezed his battered body in warning; he wheezed and choked slightly before laying still.

The match had long gone out but he still had the chance to strike another or kill Shane with his bare hands. Meanwhile the rest of us took advantage of him being distracted by the wolf and began to circle him, trapping him slowly and edging him closer to his death. While I went for the kill (aiming to break his neck), Elliot, Zeke, Zack, Damian and Mark were aiming for his limbs to tear them apart. It would be a painful death, but a successful one if it worked.

While we did that carefully trying not to injure Shane or put him in any more pain than he was, Lucas would be trying to take him away from danger and towards Alexia to get patched up the best she could before being taken to the hospital.

On My signal, Lucas ordered, even the wolf was listening somehow. One....two....THREE! We all immediately dived for our part and began shredding him, ignoring his screams of anguish, ignoring the squirting crimson liquid, ignoring the mysterious wolf, only intent on bringing peace to us all and our pack by killing this demon.

His blood filled our mouths and made a pool on the bleak floor, splashing the walls with a little more colour, the sounds of his bones crunching giving us all the satisfaction and the silence seemed deafening. When there was nothing but shredded clothes left, we all stepped back to admire our work with wolfish grins on our faces. He was finally gone forever, and he wouldn’t be coming back!

Mark obviously couldn’t contain his happiness, yipping and barking like a hyper puppy which in turn made Elliot smile lovingly at him. One day those two would realise they were in love, and then they wouldn’t need to act so damn stubborn and fight all the time!

But in the mean time I would use this time to work on making progress with my mate later. Right now all attention had to be on Shane. I looked towards his direction worriedly only to find his had passed out from all the things had going on, I couldn’t blame him though he had just gone through one of the most ridiculously stressful days of his life and gotten kidnapped.

I turned back to the mystery wolf who I had almost forgotten only to find he had collapsed. An angry bark from the entrance of the cave grabbed my attention as I saw Alexia’s wolf striding over to the injured one, did they know each other? I sniffed in his scent and found it to be familiar, yet I couldn’t place my paw on it. Who was he?

I shifted back and the rest of the group soon followed, even the mystery wolf that I had recognised when he did. It was Shane’s real father, I guess he thought he was strong enough to carry on and had to escape and furious Alexia before he could get to Shane.

Everyone but Alexia was in human form as she would have to be naked if she shifted and there was no way I was going to let anyone see her like that. Even if these guys had their own mates, some of them were bisexual and not gay. It just didn’t sit well with my older brother instincts.

Lucas gently gathered Shane securely in his arms with a worried expression and hurried off to exit the cave desperate to get him the medical attention he needed. While, after checking on what was left of Tim, the rest soon followed in pairs. I hung back with Alexia and Shane’s dad to help carry him back to the car.

The people who had been injured, Alexia, Shane and his father were all in one car with Lucas and me while the rest went in the other.  But before I had gotten in I didn’t miss the triumphant smirk Shared between both Zeke and Damian. They seemed pleased at something just before we all got it.

A few seconds later, when we were all safely away from that area, it all went up in smoke.

I know you all hate me, but here m- HEY, WHO THREW THAT ROTTEN TOMATO! Anyways, the reason haven’t updated is because one of my close family members is seriously ill and has been taken to the hospital, therefore my family and I are frantic and busy. But I am sincerely sorry for the delay!

The next chapter....is the last one. There will be an epilogue and a next book of the series with Mark and Elliot, called..._________     _________.