MSM - Chapter 33

Chapter 33! ...I see you all hate me now huh? Well all will be explained in this chapter! And it wouldn’t be a story without a little down then an up!

...But it is a little short.

*Shane’s P.O.V*

I winced sharply as I tried to get up, but found myself unable to and instead a clanking of metal sound was produced. I muttered something unintelligible under my breath as I blinked away the fuzziness and looked around. This wasn’t my room...where am I? I tried to think back to how I could’ve ended up here and gasped and my memories.

I can’t believe I was kidnapped, but by whom? And where was my dad? Was Lucas home yet? Would he come for me? I scolded myself for the last thought; of course he would come for me! He was my mate and we were meant for each other!

Through the darkness though I could make out a few...familiar shapes, there were more chains stuck to the walls and what looked like rotting corpses hanging limply from them or dirty white bones from their remains. I didn’t want to end up like them! Would I get starved to death or die of some unnatural disease?

I grimaced and guessed a bit of both from the state of them and the smell; at least the rats would have a feast that night I thought bitterly. As time passed in this rather abnormally large cell (it was probably actually a basement) my eyes grew accustomed to the darkness and I could make out more shapes. Was that...Dad?

“Dad, is that you?” I croaked hoarsely, my throat was quiet dry and my stomach empty I had been here or a couple of hours and it was bad enough already. I saw some movement coming from him and my eyes widened as he looked up, he looked like hell! His lip was split open with nasty coloured bruises surrounding his face, a trail of dry blood came from his head and tired eyes show he must have been sleeping yet starving.

“Shane, he got you too?” His question sparked a curiosity inside me – he? Did he know the people who had taken us captive? “What do you mean ‘he’?” His eyes flashed with caution and he seemed to realise his little slip up, so he did know ‘him’... He gulped noisily before responding.

“Now probably isn’t the best time to tell you but...Tim and I knew each other. He’s my brother.”

*Lucas’s P.O.V*

I hummed happily as I opened the door to Shane’s house, bags of food in my hands. I couldn’t wait to see him, even if I’ve been gone for less than an hour I still miss him when he’s not by my side. I could just imagine his shocked face when he sees the wonderful blanket of food I’ll present to him.

Yet as soon as I step into the house I know something is very wrong here, it was quiet, too quiet. “Hello?” I called out to the very obviously empty house in a desperate hope that someone would answer. I set the bags down near the door of the living room and walked into the kitchen with my body in its defence stance, I could smell the blood as I got closer and closer.

Cautiously, I walked in prepared for surprise attacks but relaxed slightly when I confirmed that I was, indeed, alone. However that didn’t stop me from gagging slightly at the sight before me, it was a mess! I took a step forward when something felt different beneath my feet; I looked down to see I had stepped on a book – A photo album to be precise.

I flicked through the first few pages and almost cried out at the photos, they were all of Shane, a dark red spot was stained at the corner of the book. Blood

My eyes went back as I couldn’t contain my wolf any longer, he knew his mate was in danger and hurt and he would tear down the gates of hell to get to him. I had no control over him now; my body was merely a vessel. At least remember to get back-up! I was able to tell him before he silenced my voice and shut me out.

He phoned Elliot, Zack, Damian, Zeke, Mark, Alexia and Damon, Alexia’s older brother who was actually unpacking as I called. However they all dropped what they were doing and rushed over immediately once I called them with my news that Shane and his real father was missing.

A few minutes later the door opened and everyone walked in with confused faces but Alexia spoke for them. “What do you mean his father?”

“No time, car now!” I ordered in my Alpha tone, but not forcing them as they all piled into two cars at once. We all mentally linked using the pack link. Where do you think he might be?

I have an idea; drive to the centre of the forest on the edge of our packs territory, there’s a hunting cabin nearby. This time Mark answered. I immediately roared off with my beta, Zeke, Damian and Zack behind me.

Very Short I know but the next chapter is when he finds Shane so I had to draw it out: P