MSM - Epilogue

*Sniffles* No ending will be worthy enough to finish this story, my very first, but I’ll try! Now, for last time ever! Enjoy....

*Lucas’s P.O.V*

“Get back here you little rascals!”

I snickered as I watched Shane trip over another piece of banana skin while trying unsuccessfully to catch the giggling blond twins. Ever since they had learned to move or even crawl the slightest inch forward, they always made it their aims to make our lives hard for us.

Shane had taken on the role of loving uncle that was a little bit strange but he was the only one they played the game of ‘I’m gonna run away from you’ with. It was honestly quite an adorable show to watch and funny too...Not that I was laughing at his pain or anything...maybe.

Shane had made a full recovery physically from what happened a month ago but since he was a wolf he recovered faster than the average human, though there was a chance of him going into permanent coma at first he proved us all wrong with his strength, the thought made me smile a little as I watched him fall flat on his face again. Shane was my mate, my beautiful, strong and loving mate.

“I give up!” Shane huffed as he flopped down beside me, exhausted from trying to catch the hyperactive twins. I smiled softly and stroked his hair, loving the way it felt against my fingertips.

He gazed up at me in question but I just smiled softly, I just needed to reassure myself that he really was here, that this had all really happened. I had found my mate at our birthday, dealt with his securities, defeated the wicked villain and saved the prince from far, far away.

But of course, it wouldn’t be right unless someone like – oh I don’t know, Mark? – ruined our lovely moment together.

He sat down making us break our contact and scowled. Shane, being the ever dear best friend immediately became concerned and looked worried at his state. “What’s wrong?” He asked his eyes furrowed in confusion and worry. To be honest it made me la little envious of all the attention others would receive though I know it wasn’t Shane’s fault, he couldn’t help being such a kind hearted person.

“Elliot,” Mark seethed, steam practically billowing from his ears. All it took was that one word before Shane relaxed and seemed to be relieved it was only something so minimal, we all knew he would end up with Elliot sooner or later as you can’t ignore the pull of your mate especially since you’ll have centuries to live, no one would be able to ignore or avoid someone that long, Especially not someone as persistent as my best friend.

“That bastard forced me to go on a date with him! I mean seriously?! Who blackmail’s their own mate to go on a date with them?” HHHHhhhe continued in disgust, oblivious to the fact that no one was really listening now. Jen and Nick were too busy playing with their children on the swings, Alexia and her brother were plotting to help get Luke to like him and Zeke And Zack where nowhere to be found.

“Why didn’t you just say no? I mean, whatever he blackmailed you with can’t be that bad now can it?” I asked, watching in amusement as his face instantly became less angry and more flustered and embarrassed. “Oh, don’t tell it’s that bad,” I grinned. I was so gonna get the scoop on whatever this is from Elliot, or I could just ask Shane.

“Well, I- I mean...Shut up!” He barked after stumbling over his words, turning his head away in embarrassment. Shortly after we gathered our belongings and left the park, I headed to Shane’s house where I now practically lived with him and Mark.

I almost forgot to mention that the Black Knight’s pack decided to stay with us and become a joined pack; we’re now called the Shadow Knight’s pack so Zeke moved into the Pack house.

This was bad news for Zack as he had moved in across the hall from him, now I was glad I wouldn’t be there for the bloodshed, it’s like all my friends found mates that didn’t want anything to do with them. While I was the odd lucky one who got Shane.

I groaned and flopped down onto the sofa as soon as we arrived, tired from the whole day though we didn’t really do much except relax. I just wanted to spend the rest of the day cuddled up to my soul mate and sleep. I guess Shane felt the same too as I heard him getting the popcorn and snacks ready, meanwhile I decided on what movie to watch.

We had sort of fell into a routine of this ever since he had been released from the hospital, since he wasn’t allowed to do anything stressful we spent most of our time relaxing on his couch watching movies, all of his choice.

I had just picked and put in a movie when he returned with a tray; on it was a big bowl of toffee popcorn and some drinks. I pushed the sofas together to make a wall and sat on the biggest which just so happened to be at the middle, closes to the TV. I brought out a mini blanket and put Shane on my lap, wrapped the blanket around us and put the tray beside us.

Then I clicked play.

I could literally feel Shane smile radiating beneath me, “The Notebook?” He asked “Why? I thought you didn’t like that movie.” I just chuckled and nuzzled his neck, practically purring against his soft skin. “I don’t, but you do.” I answered, making his blush and place a sweet kiss on my lips as a thank you.

I sat through that boring film for him, holding him close when the waterworks came and whispered sweet nothings into his ear until he eventually drifted off to sleep in my arms. I carefully unwrapped the blankets and placed in down on the sofa, turned off the TV and tidied his living room Then I carried him bridal style into my arms, into our bedroom.

I covered us up and placed a small kiss on his forehead, murmuring a good night.  I spooned him and closed my eyes, and though I knew he wouldn’t hear it because he was asleep, I mind linked him a message: I Love You.

 And I could’ve sworn he said I Love You Too.