MSM - Chapter 32

Hi! I’m so happy you lot commented more than last time! Your comments make my day, your votes make my updates, and your reads make this bookJ. Thank you one and all! Please VOTE COMMENT FAN!

*Shane’s P.O.V*

I shot straight up and off my chair with my eyes wide, the chair toppled over but I paid no attention to it as I stared as t my so called father with a face that would have been comical to anyone if it wasn’t in this situation. He was insane!

He sighed as if expecting this reaction and muttered calm down, it made me break. “Calm down?! Calm fucking down?! You think you can just tell me you’re my long lost father and get away with it, without a bad reaction from me! What the hell is wrong with you?! I don’t understand!”

“Shane, I understand you’re confused but I think it would be best if I explained things to you while you were sitting down, so please, sit.” I frowned but did as he said, picking up my fallen chair and leaning in slightly with anticipation. This had better be good.

He blew out a breath and ran his hands through his greying hair, “Well, I guess I should start from the beginning...” I chuckled quietly, despite the situation, which made him grin in turn and a warm fuzzy feeling appeared in my stomach. “That’s usually the best place to start.” I replied quietly.

“Shane, just so you know I’m not only your father, I actually have a daughter at home who’s four. But I’m only the father of two, Nick is not my son.” He paused to make sure I understood and all I could do was nod wordlessly. Nick was only my half-brother by blood, but to me he would always be my one and only, dear older brother.

He licked his lip before continuing. “It all started a couple of days before your mother found out she was pregnant with you, she and her mate Timothy were out celebrating their anniversary when they both had a little too much to drink. In their drunken state they decided to go to a club where they became even drunker but the only difference was that someone had spiked Vivian’s drink while Tim was just consumed by alcohol.

Dazed and confused, Tim left Vivian behind completely forgetting her and went home, crashing instantly onto his bed while Vivian was all alone. Not that she knew of course. The night dragged on and the rest was a blur for her, all she could remember was the flashing lights and the pounding music before she supposedly passed out.

The next morning she woke up with a storming hangover but she wasn’t alone, she was in fact very much naked but she hadn’t slept with her mate – she had slept with a stranger. She panicked and fled the scene, managing to return home with her clothes and valuables before Tim woke up and pretended to have slept the night there with him.

She never told him what happened that night and hoped it would be something to bury at the back f her mind that she had cheated on her mate, but it wasn’t the end of the story. A couple of weeks later they got into a stupid argument and hurtful words were thrown around. Tim said he regretted having a mate as horrible as her and said he wished her to die.

Vivian was hurt and left to the same bar too distraught to notice it. She only meant to stay for a glass or two, but somehow one glass turned into to two, and two turned to several until she was repeatedly slamming down a glass of shots. She was drunk, again. But she was also very angry at her mate and the adrenaline took over.

She, in her drunken state, accidently decided it would be good to drive off somewhere that to this day remains unknown as she never arrived and forgot as morning came. Instead she crashed her car and it flipped over on the side of a deserted hill where she didn’t receive help until nearby campers spotted the smoke.