MSM - Chapter 27

• Dedicated to Jace

Finally, the moment most of you have been waiting for – The Date! Enjoy, comment, vote and FAN! You’re lucky I’m even updating because you didn’t listen to me... :(

*Shane’s P.O.V*

I knocked hesitantly against the large cream coloured door, well, one of them. There were actually two MEGAMONGOUS doors that led to an even bigger mansion – which though I know seems impossible – was actually possible apparently.

You might be thinking, Shane, what are you doing there? Aren’t you supposed to be on that date with Lucas? Well here’s the thing, it was part of the date – the clues one. As he had said in the first note, my first clue was in my locker and had told me to go to the place where we first met –AKA his room!

Though on the night of the party the house didn’t seem that big, but that was probably because I was intoxicated with alcohol. Now I could see that it was a rich HUGE mansion which could also be described as a palace. Was he loaded or something? Not that I’m that type of guy I just thought I’d like to know....

When nobody answered I hesitantly pushed the door open softly to find it was unlocked for me already and that no one was home – figures. I crept up the stairs taking in notes about everything I saw – the way everything seemed to clean and tidy, the bright and cheeriness of the light colours around the room. And the multiple photos and pictures hanged up on them.

I even saw a picture of a four-month-old Lucas on his mothers back, laughing happily with chocolate stains around his face. His father and mother looked equally as happy but his dad looked younger than and less zombie-like.

I suddenly felt great deal more sympathetic towards him than before now that I know how it feels to have a mate, I never wanted to lose Lucas. I can’t even imagine what he might have felt to go through with the loss of his mate and I can safely say I never want to experience that or wish that cruel fate upon anyone.

I continued on my journey up towards the stairs until I reached the familiar door I had been at what seemed like a lifetime ago since a lot of things have happened since then that have changed my life. But I wouldn’t have it any other way to be honest.

I continued towards the stairs until I reached that door from that night, it seemed so far away now since all that had happened. I softly opened the door and peeked in to check if anyone was there, before sneaking in and closing the door behind me. Why do I feel like I’m a robber or something?

I did a quick scan of his room to see that nothing much had changed from that night when I first saw him. Well, apart from the fact that there was no party going on downstairs and therefore a huge mess upstairs.

Anyways, back to work! I began carefully searching his room before I froze s a thought occurred to me, what if he didn’t want me to go through his stuff because it was private and got mad at me?

You can search all you like, I don’t mind.

I jumped into the air as I heard that sudden voice in my head and looked around to see the culprit. Strangely enough though, no one but me was in the room – and apparently the whole house as well! So whose voice was speaking to me in my head....now I sound like a crazy person for having ‘voices in my head’.

No, you’re not hearing voices – it’s me, Lucas! Don’t you remember about the advantages of a mate mark?

Oh yeah! So we could communicate when and where ever, that’s actually pretty cool!

Will you tell me where you are? I asked with the most sweetest voice I could mentally conjure up. I waited in silence for a few seconds while scanning the room for another note before his reply finally came.