Chapter 17 (Unedited)

Chapter 17

After Jed left, my head spun with dizziness. I wasn’t sure why, but I was exhausted. I took a quick shower and went straight to bed. I feel asleep even before my head hit the pillow.

The same dreams came to me, but where more vivid. I dreamt of three children playing in a field of wildflowers. They were running from each other laughing and playing. I saw the woman from the painting in his living room watching them laughing and then joining in with them.

The next images I saw was Jed in old fashioned clothing walking down a dirt road leading a horse. He had a smile on his face while he spoke to the same woman from the painting. He said this was his mother, but she looked to be the same age here as in the painting. I could hear them talking in the dream.

“You will find her Jedidiah. You just have to patient.” He voice was smooth and calm.

“Everyone says that mother, but when? I don’t want to be an old man with no love.” His voice sounded sad and irritated at the same time.

“You will know when you meet her son. You will not be able to think of anyone else, love anyone else, or be with anyone else but here.” She stopped and put a hand on her his face. “I don’t have any words to heal the pain you feel son, but one day it will be like your world is complete. You will meet her, and when you have the dream you will know that she is the one.”

He sighed heavily, “I just hope I don’t have to wait as long as father did for you. 300 years is a long time.”

“I hope not either son.”

The images changed again. Jed was a little older now, and he was in a navy blue uniform fighting in a war. Cannons were going off, and gun fire was everywhere. Dirt flew in the air and the yelled as though they were in combat. Many men laid dead across the field as the rest fought their way through the field.

Another image came to me of Jed sitting on a horse. He was facing a man that looked almost like him just a little older. “I told you father. I don’t want to do this. I don’t want to run the family business.”

“Jed, this is your birthright. Something me and your mother have been preparing you for your entire life. Your brother is not capable of running the business.” The man’s eyes were pleading him.

Jed hung his head down and looked at the ground. “Father, I just never imagined myself running a family let alone the Coven. I know that I shouldn’t be surprised about it all, but I just don’t know if I what they need.” He looked back at the man he called father. “Plus, you will be around for years.”

“That means we have to get you prepared. You have time to learn.” His father moved his horse closer to Jed’s. “You are a great man my son. I’m proud of watching you grow into the man you are becoming. You have a good head on your shoulders, and you make wise decisions. My one hope and prayer was for you to take over, but if you don’t want to I understand.”

“Father, thank you. I will give it more thought and consideration.” Jed smiled at the man.

“Thank you my son.” The man smiled at him.

Some small images came in my dream of a young beautiful woman with long black hair that looked similar to his mother. This had to be his sister. I saw a picture of him and a younger man that looked like him playing ball in an open field. This had to be his brother.

Then sadness over took me. A funeral was being held. Jed walked up to the coffin with his head down as he held his mother to his side. She was crying uncontrollably when the image of the man he called his father laid before in the coffin before him. Tears escaped his eyes as he knelt before the man. He knelt there for a while as more pictures of his life flashed in front of his eyes. It was all images of him and his father laughing, talking, and some serious moments.