Chapter 9 (Unedited)

Chapter 9

The morning came quickly but I felt rested. I had my dream several times so that always made for a good morning. By time I got dressed and headed to the kitchen Angie had already started breakfast. The smells of bacon, eggs, and toast filled te air. It smelled so yummy that my stomach growled uncontrollably. I was hungrier than I had thought.

I turned the corner and Angie was standing at the stove flipping some eggs. “That smells delicious!”

“Thanks! I’m starving this morning. Your will be up in a minute.” Angie turned around and smiled.

I poured myself a cup of coffee and sat down at the breakfast bar. “I’m excited about tonight. I sure hope we get the same response we did in Tampa. This will depend if we are expanding or not.”

“I’m sure it will be better than Tampa. Plus, really have nothing to worry about. Everyone loves the work you do, and you have never had anyone complain.”

She was right, but there is still that one person who can tare you to shreds. “I hope you are right.”

“I am, want to bet on it?”

I chuckled, “No, you are going to make me go broke on bets. You kick my ass on it all the time.”

She laughed hardly placing a plate of delicious food in front of me. “I am good at the right!”

She finished her plate and we sat at the bar eating and going over the days agenda. It was going to be a busy day, but a good day. Everything was in place and it was just a matter of finishing the studio. I wasn’t sure how much Trudy had gotten done, but we would finish it today. We had to finish it today. After we came up with a plan we left the kitchen, got dressed and were out the door quickly. It was barely 7:30 when we reached the studio and all was quite. We entered in through the main entrance nothing seemed to be done. Than we hit the room were the collection would be showed. I was shocked!!

Trudy almost had everything. Just a few more seating arrangements needed to be placed around the room, a few more pictures needed to be hung and the lighting for the corrected. Everything else was done. “Wow! I have to say it, but I’m shocked. She did a really good job.”

“RIGHT!” Angie replied. “This is looking real good. Maybe we wont be as busy as we thought.”

“Maybe not, but lets stick to the plan. Trudy should be hear shortly. I’m going to check my e-mails. You check on the portrait and caterers.”

“When I’m done with that I’ll finish up out here.”

“Great!” I said to Angie while I walked away heading to my office. “If you need me, you know where I’ll be.”

I missed my office in Tampa, but this would have to do today. I flipped the switch on and the first thing I saw was the envelope with Mitch’s info in it. I couldn’t believe I had left it there and didn’t destroy it already. I just couldn’t believe he did that and was so non-chalant about it all. Did he really think that I wouldn’t find out eventually? He would have been busted one way or another. I’m just glad it happened before anything else did.

I set my purse on the desk and looked over the envelope again, and there was not information on it. I wonder who sent it cause I would really like to thank them. They saved me a lot a grief. I put the information in my purse and would destroy it later at home. I didn’t want that information out to the public. The press would have a field day.

I sat down at the desk and fired up my e-mail. I could just imagine what it looked like. A whole day of not checking it would be enough to drive me mad. Then I saw it. Boy would I be busy for a while, and it was a light day. I skimmed through them to make sure to get the important ones, and that is when I saw it. The dreaded e-mail from Peter Stein. He was a top reporter and critic for all artist. On the norm if he said you sucked you never got another gig no matter how established you were. This was what I feared, and I didn’t even want to see his e-mail. I just looked at it for a few moments and the is clicked it open.