Chapter 19

"I love you for all that you are, all that you have been, and all your meant to be. Meeting you was fate, becoming you friend was a choice, but falling for you was beyond my control."

-Unknown 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As much as I want to go on tour with Michael, I don't know how to feel about it. My mind keeps constantly racing trying to find answers that aren't so easily found. I finally decide not to go to school today, I'm a senior and I'm finally ready to leave Westminster High behind me.

I think today I'll just spend the whole day at the studio, it'll be a surprise for my listeners, and also for me. Michael said he'd be out today but he never told me what exactly, the boys and him are doing god knows what. Michael also told me last night that he only mentioned coming on tour with him because he wanted us to be together more. I mean I completely agree, but will things be the same way as they used to be?

I sigh at the thought of that, and pop out of my bed and examine my face in the mirror. I realize for the first time that I actually look grown up, not a single pimple in sight, every single curve to my body actually visible, no more extra weight. My skin now starting to get a visible tan, my body almost representing those girls in the magazines, which I never thought would ever happen. Most girls dream of this kind of thing, and we don't even realize it when it does.

I sigh and find my suitcase that I've been lugging around for a year and a half now. Place to place, Michael's couch to studio couch, but nothing seemed different, besides one had a fernice and another didn't. I never realized how at home I felt with Michael even though he was far away. He was physically away, but almost not mentally or emotionally, maybe it's because I'm still in love with my best friend.

When did I exactly fall for my best friend?

I sketched into a random notebook, but the truth is, when did I? How did I feel? How did Michael feel? Loving Michael to me will never be a mistake, I know it seems like now I'm rambling, but it's true. Why did I fight so hard to get where I am now with him? Why did he try so hard? Was it always fate? Was my fate falling for my best friend, or is falling for him was just an infraction of life itself?

Was my purpose to fall for Michael Gordon Clifford, the boy who lived down the street from me, the boy whose hair was blonde and has now settled to a bright red from his efforts. The boy who eats pizza everyday no matter how many people complain or judge, the boy who will drive you madly insane and no matter how much you try you will still be madly, deeply, truly, in love with him. 

This is my Michael, as I am his Crystal and no matter how much I want to fight it, I can't, I admit it I've fallen for my best friend, Michael Gordon Clifford.

I look down and breathe deeply and let out a small smile before grabbing a folded up shirt that appeared in my suitcase. I unfolded it as a piece of paper fell, I picked it up looking at the scribbled words.

I know you're a fan of our band, so here's a free t-shirt <3

-Michael:)

P.s. Check out the back XD

I peered behind the tee as it read Clifford '97, it had a safety pinned heart on the front and I couldn't be more in love with it. I grabbed a pair of scissors and cut off the sleeves and made it into a crop top, I pulled it over my head and searched for my black jean shorts and my red converse. Once I slipped my shoes on I grabbed my head phones and started to walk out the door before something caught my eye in the corner of his room.

I walked towards it and grabbed the shirt hanging off of it and threw it across the room. I peered down at the object with my heart beating faster, my skateboard. He actually kept it even though I threw it away, I can't believe it. I pick it up in hopes to talk to Michael about it later and walked out the front door.