Chapter 11

Today's the day I turn 18, it really feels like any other day. I feel like me, I sound like me, I still look like me, I think. I really don't feel any different, I'm still technically living my stupid sob story of a life, and life still sucks. 

I also have to go on a date with Luke tonight, it's not the most gracious thing God has lead me to but I think it'll be okay. It's been about a week since I asked Michael to kiss me, I feel like a fool. Since then Michael has been avoiding me, like he's upset, but I mean he's the one who told me I should move on and just be friends with him. 

I don't understand the situation one bit, and it's slowly killing me. I meant what I said to him, I said that he will always have my heart, and he will, but I don't think he understands. I think Michael only said and did those things to shut me up, I've been trying to push that thought out of my head, but it somehow creeps back in. 

I push the sheets off of me and realize I'm wearing Michael's favorite shirt. It's his Pikachu tee, it has Pikachu eating a pizza and I'm also wearing his red and black plaid pajama pants. I don't remember putting these on last night, I remember watching Forrest Gump with Michael because he complained too much. Maybe I fell asleep and he wanted me out of my work uniform. 

I shrug and head down the steps sleepily, once I make it to the bottom of the stairs I tie my hair into a messy bun to get my hair out of my eyes. It smells so good down here, oh my god I feel like I'm drooling. I walk into the kitchen to see Michael making pancakes. 

"I thought you only knew how to cook pizza rolls Clifford" I laughed as he jumped, this was when I noticed that he was shirtless, I mentally had to slap myself so I wouldn't drool. 

"Shit! Go back to bed and close your eyes, I was making you breakfast in bed!" He said startled as I chuckled.

"Okay" I smiled walking away, then I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist. 

"Happy birthday" he whispered into my ear making my whole body melt instantly. He planted a kiss on my head and rested his head on my shoulder. I turned my head towards him which made him smile, I pecked his cheek as he detached his arms and walked towards the stove. 

I made my way back upstairs and took my hair out of the bun And brushed out the tangled mess. I smiled to myself and got back into the bed once I heard Michael knock. 

"Come in!" I shout siting up and crossing my legs. 

"Surprise! I made you breakfast in bed!" He shouted as I laughed and shook my head. Michael has a shirt on now, I kinda wish he didn't. He handed me the plate and offered me a fork but pulled it away. 

"Do you mind?" He asks as he pulls out another fork, I smile at his comment and nod. We share the stack of pancakes and fight over who gets the last sausage. When we finish Michael just grins widely at me and I feel my face flush instantly. 

"What?" I chuckle as he takes my hands and pulls me off the bed and makes me stand up. I look up at him and smile as he tucks a stray hair behind my ear. 

"So I was thinking.." He trailed off rubbing the back of my palms. "I was thinking that since I saw you first and I technically will have your heart to the next galaxy and back that I should take you on our first official date.. Like before you go on a date with Luke" he said looking into my eyes. I would be lying if I said I didn't want to, I felt a million butterflies in my stomach. 

"Um Okay" I smiled biting my lip as his eyes lit up. 

"You're okay with this?" He asked as I nodded. 

"Yeah" I giggled. "As long as I'm back for my date with Luke" I laugh as he rolls his eyes. 

"Okay, fine" he smiles. "Dress somewhat semi casual" he says as I nod.