Chapter 5

We walked to the ice cream shop and each step I took I felt like my heart got heavier. I couldn't get that kiss out of my mind, does Michael want to be more than friends or was it just an accident? Because if it was it would be extremely awkward that I kissed him back.

Most girls would say it was an instinct, or a reaction, but I say it just felt right. I wasn't in the moment and I wasn't dragged into anything I didn't want to do. Just something inside of me felt right, and I think Michael felt it too. 

We still walked the way we always do, he would always put his arm around me and I'd hold this dangling hand that rested on my shoulder. I walk was silent, but it was a good silent, the cool Australian breeze kept me calm and collected. 

"Michael why do you care so much about me? I mean everyone has given up on me, that must hint to something" I say breaking the silence as he sighed. 

"Come on Chrissy, I've cared for you for so long that if I don't it's almost like not breathing, and the only thing that it hints to is that those people can't see the most amazing, kind, and beautiful girl that I know" he swallowed. 

"Yeah but Mikey, you know that's not true, you've dated and had crushes on so many girls, one of them has to be better than me" I say sadly. 

"Well I guess you could say there is one girl that is better than you, but then I know that's not the Chrissy I know, she doesn't care if anyone is better than her because she knows she's better" he chuckles stoping me. 

"You see you know you're better, not here" he paused poking my forehead "but here" he says pointing to my heart, Michael always had the right thing to say to make me feel better. I look into his eyes and pull out a small smile. 

"So I'm stupid?" I laugh as he shakes his head and takes my hand in his and continues to walk. I felt butterflies in my stomach when he squeezed my hand tighter. 

"Ew Mikey your hand it sweaty" I said wiping the sweat off my hand and onto his shirt and walked backwards slowly and pulled a devilish smile. 

"Ugh!" He said running up to me as I squealed, he picked me off the ground and threw me onto his back. 

"Mikey put me down" I giggled. 

"You know I actually like the view from here, I never knew my best friend had a nice ass" he chuckled. 

"That's a lie and you know it, you talk about my butt all the time" I laugh as he smirks. 

"Alright you caught me" he chuckled putting me down. We finally arrived at the ice cream shop and Michael got his favorite, chocolate chip with little bits of Cadbury chocolate broken up and I got just plain strawberry. 

We found a spot on the beach and Michael took off his jacket so we could sit on it. We just looked up and stared at the moon, Michael slipped his had down and intertwined it with mine. I felt my heart jump slightly and I smiled looking down. 

"You better hurry up and eat that before I do" he said licking his fingers with a grin. 

"Michael!" I giggled as he shrugged. "You got it all over you" I said handing him my ice cream and starting to wipe his face with a napkin. He just chuckled as I rolled my eyes. 

"Yes Mom" he laughed making me smile, he just looked at me and then kissed me again. For the second time today I felt my whole world turn upside down. I kissed him back and tangled my hands into his hair, he bit my lip and I let out a giggle as he pecked my lips one last time. Our heads just rested against each other and I sighed. 

"Mikey what are we?" I whisper as he smiles and bites his lip. 

"we'll be anything you want us to be" he said as I giggled. 

"You're so cheesy" I laughed as he shook his head. 

"You like my cheesiness" he chuckled. 

"Maybe you're right" I laughed as he took my hand and intertwined our fingers. 

"Would you mind possibly, maybe, hopefully, definitely go on a date with me?" He sighed closing his eyes waiting for an answer. I cupped his cheeks and kissed him slowly, I felt an eruption of butterflies explode in my stomach. He moaned into the kiss making me giggle and push him away softly. 

"So I'm guessing that's a yes" he blushed looking to the ground. 

"No, it wasn't" I paused watching his jaw drop as I got up and he followed. "It was a definitely" I laughed intertwining our fingers as we started our long way home. 

I never knew that that being possibly something more with my best friend would make me so happy.

//

Hope you liked it!

I'm sorry for making you wait for so long for an update, sorry it's a little short😭

New update soon!

-ily xx