Chapter 21

Chapter 21;

Layne left without saying a word to me. I kept worrying about him. He was about to face the demons alone, and what a stupid move that was.

I was pacing around the living room, hoping and praying that he didn't get killed out there. I also hoped that Labiba or someone could come t his rescue so he didn't have to fight. I looked at the time, and it was a minute till demon hour, and that's when they are most powerful. I felt the sweat drop down my face as the tension built up in my body.

Layne soon came stumbling into the house, and he quickly shut the door behind him. He had blood running down the side of his head, his hair was matted down with sweat, his eyes were slits, his shirt was torn off, and he had a huge gash from the tip of his shoulder, all the way down to his hip. It was bleeding massively, and the gash had to be at least an inch wide.

I ran towards him, and tried to cradle him. He pushed me off of him, and he held his chest. He had fire burning in his eyes, and they looked deadly.

"Layne, what happened?!"

He glared at me and didn't say a word. He stood up straight, still having his arm wrapped around his chest, and walked past me to the stairs. He quietly, but hurriedly climbed up the stairs. I heard his door slam shut, and winced at the sound of it. I sighed to myself, as I felt the tears welling up in my eyes. I heard the backdoor open and close, and I immediately ran into Labiba's arms as she entered the living room.

She tried to reject me at first, but I clung to her cold body like never before. "What the hell is wrong with you? Stop with the horrid tears," She scoffed, and held me by the shoulders.

"L-l-layn-e-e," I stammered. I couldn't quite get the words out and I didn't even know why I was crying.

"Layne what? What did he do this time?" her eyes directed towards the stairs, and her lips pursed.

"Layne fought the demons.... He's hurt... We have to help him..."

Labiba didn't say anything. She seemed shocked, and she looked at the time. 3:02 am. "I will be right back,"

She was gone in an instant. I was left in my pool of tears. I felt the sobs wrack up in my chest again, but they couldn't seem to escape. I sat against the wall and hugged my knees.

I woke up to someone shaking me. It was Adrian. I woke up to his warm, kind smile, and he helped me stand my unsteady self up.

I rubbed my eyes and stretched. "What's going on?" I asked. Adrian cocked his head to the side, and I could faintly hear Layne screaming from his room. That woke me right up, and I began heading to the stairs without even knowing I was. Adrian didn't try to stop me.

I was already to Laynes room, about to enter, but Labiba came out as soon as I placed my hand on the knob. She gave me this weird look as she flipped her hair behind her shoulders. She licked her blood stained lips, and smirked at me.

"How is he doing?" I asked her.

"I tried to extract all the demon blood out of him, but he was screaming and thrashing so much that I couldn't get all of it. The only way he can survive right now is if he drinks human blood to surpass the demons blood in his system. That demon surely got him good,"

"How did demon blood get in his system..."

"When a demon scratches a vampire, the demons blood automatically he's into the vampires system as the slightest touch of the demons hand. The blood at to be sucked out, he has to feed off a human, or he dies,"

I clenched my fists together. "I want to him,"

She got out of my way. "Go right ahead. But please, as much as I hate him, please don't let him die. Let him feed off of you," she left me alone in the hallway.

I sighed, and my lip began to quiver. I opened the door slowly, and entered the room. Layne looked terrible but he still looked amazing to me. He had gauze wrapped around his entire chest, and he looked paler than before. His hair was light and fluffy, but his entire body was sweaty. His eyes were soft, and still that piercing ice green as I remembered them. I walked over to his bed side, and sat down next to him.

I looked at his face, and he seemed pained. "I know I look terrible, but they won't be coming around this house for a while..." he murmured.

"Layne, you didn't need to risk your life out there just for one demon,"

"Cadence, there was more than one demon out there. I fought at least ten of them,"

"I'm just glad you're okay,"

"I'm dying, Cadence,"

The tears began welling up in my eyes. "No you're not. You're not going to die,"

"Yes I am. I've come to that conclusion, and so should you. You should move on,"

"Layne, shut the hell up," I began pulling my sleeve up from my wrist to expose the veins. My skin was pure, and scratch free. I got up on the bed, and leaned down towards his face.

"Cadence, I'm fucking serious. You need to move on. I'm not going to survive th-"

I brought my lips to his, forcefully, passionately. I brought my hand up to his hair, and I grabbed a handful. My other hand was searching for something sharp. My tongue entered his mouth, and our tongues fought for dominance. I was doing this to keep him distracted. He had his hands in my hair, pulling me closer to him. I finally felt something sharp enough that might cut my wrist. I slid the blade across my skin, and I felt the blood ooze out at a rapid pace.

Layne stopped kissing me, and he opened his eyes. He looked down at my wrist, and got worried. "What the hell? What happened?!" his eyes began getting hungry, and the slits were there.

"Feed, Layne,"

"No. I'm calling Labiba. She needs to wrap your wrist up,"

I put my bleeding wrist close to his face so he could smell the blood. I could tell he was holding his breath. "This blood is going to waste, Lucifer. What a shame-" I felt him begin to feed off of me. It felt weird, and I could feel the blood flowing from my body as I began to get light headed. I was almost sagging on the bed as I felt the amount of blood loss get to me.

"Layne..." my voice was groggy, and raspy, and then I passed out.

-

I started coming to and my head was pounding. It felt like a mini migraine. I sat up slowly, gripping my head. I looked around, and saw that I was in my bedroom. How did I end up here? I looked at my wrist, and gauze was wrapped around it tightly. At least I wasn't dead. I got up, and started heading downstairs. Everyone was down there, including Juliet and Adrian. They all smiled as they saw me come down the stairs. I sat down on the couch across from Layne and Juliet. Adrian was by my side and he put his arm around my shoulders.

"Nice to finally see you awake," Adrian commented brightly.

"Huh?" I muttered.

"You were asleep for the past 2 days..."

Seriously? I was passed out for that long? It felt like only 5 minutes. I looked at Layne and he refused to look at me back. He seemed pissed off, but he was back to his normal self. He looked as if nothing has happened.

"We're just glad you're okay," Juliet smiled, trying to change the subject.

"Thanks for your concern, guys. I knew I was going to be okay,"

Layne chuckled mockingly to himself, standing up, and headed to the kitchen. I got up after him, and placed my hands on my hips. He had his back towards me, with his head down.

"Okay, what is your issue?" I asked.

"You're so fucking lucky you're still alive,"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I could've killed you easily, and I probably would've if Labiba didn't come in on time,"

"But you didn't,"

"Because of Labiba. Not because I love you,"

"You do love me,"

He laughed. "Did you honestly think that I was thinking about love as I was sucking you dry?"

"No, but-"

"Labiba saved your ass. I wouldn't have stopped willingly. Don't you see? I'm a cold blooded killer and that's all I ever will be,"

"You're so much more than that to me,"

"Why did you do it? Why couldn't you have just let me die? It's what I wanted,"

"You wanted to die?"

He turned around, and slammed the counter, breaking the granite. "Yes, Cadence, I didn't want to fucking live anymore!"

"Why not..." I barely got the words out.

"I've been alive for more than a 300 years. Im tired of living! I'm tired of killing! I'm tired of being me..."

"But I love you for who you are... Shouldn't that at least matter?"

"Ah yes. Everything is always about Cadence, isn't it? Never mind the fact that I'm tired of being alive. Nevermind the fact that I'm killing innocent people just to keep myself alive. Never mind the fact that I'm a killer if it's all for the love of Cadence, right?"

"You know what? I'm done. Talk to me when you're not being this way. I saved your ass, and I didn't have to. Goodbye,"

"I didn't want you to!"

I left the room without another word.