Chapter 29

Chapter 29;

*Cadences POV*

I stood outside Laynes door, debating on whether or not I should even bother him. Juliet had told me that Layne was mad at me, but it bugged me because I didn't know what about. I knocked gently on his door, and inhaled deeply.

Layne didn't answer so I just walked in. The room was completely dark, except for a little candle light flicking by the window where Layne stood. Layne didn't even notice that I had come in, so I made my way over to his bed and sat down.

His face looked set and hard, but he still looked perfect. His slightly muscular arms were crossed across his white shirt, and his blonde hair hung a little bit in his eyes. He didn't smile nor did he show any expression. He just looked out the window at the illuminating moon that shown from outside.

He looked like he hadn't slept in weeks and he seemed really pissed off. I gulped and cleared my throat.

"Layne, I want to-" I started, but he cut me off.

His voice was dark and quiet. "I killed him because of you, Cadence,"

"Me?"

"I did it to protect this house because it was the only place where you were safe. You made me turn on a good friend just to protect your helpless ass,"

I was in shock. My mouth hung open and my mouth felt dry. "Helpless...?" I barely got the word out.

"Yeah. Humans are helpless. Especially you!" His eyes were set upon me and they were slits.

This wasn't the Layne I knew. The Layne I knew wouldn't say anything like this. He loved me and I knew it.

"Layne, you need to calm down..."

He slammed the wall with his fist, causing the whole house to shake. "Calm down?!?" he started chuckling like a mad man. "You expect me to calm down after all that has happened?! You really are something,"

I got up and went over to where Layne was. I could feel the anger radiate off of him and he felt deadly. This definitely wasn't Layne...

"Cadence, I don't think I have ever been this pissed off before at someone," he whispered darkly. "I could just rip your head off so easily right now and I wouldn't have to worry about you anymore," he chuckled, gazing out towards the moon with hungry eyes.

I stepped back, raising my arms out to make myself vulnerable. "Well if you're gonna do it, then do it. I won't stop you," I closed my eyes and bit my lip. What was the point? I wouldn't win against a vampire anyway. If he wanted me gone that bad, he will do it.

I could feel his eyes fall on me, and I could hear him breathe heavy. He got really close to me, and started breathing on my throat. He licked my veins and started grazing his teeth across my throat. I breathed in as I felt his hands tighten on my shoulders, and his teeth started to get deeper and deeper in my throat.

But before I know it, I was outside of Laynes bedroom, holding my neck where he touched me at. He was looking at me through the crack of his door and he looked like a demon. His eyes were complete slits, and then the door was shut.

I stood there, dumbfounded. What the hell happened? Layne let me go. I knew he couldn't kill me, even if he wanted to. In a way, I wasn't mad at him but then again, I was.

I didn't know what to do. I slid up against the wall, and slid down until I was on the ground, sobbing into my knees. I didn't know why I was crying anymore. Maybe because Clark is dead because of me. Maybe because Layne was mad at me. Maybe because I'm a horrible person and I shouldn't have moved here in the first place.

My life would've been so much more simple. None of this ghost, vampire, demon, witches, and werewolves crap. I would have a completely normal, teenage life. Being bullied, trying out for sports, making friends, doing homework... Normal.

I began to question what that word meant. Maybe this was normal to Layne. Losing people in his life, and all the craziness that goes on. I felt bad for him, honestly. He didn't know what a true family was, or friends, or even love. I knew he loved me, but I think I screwed that up now.

I looked up and opened my tear filled eyes. I was alone in the dark hallway, and my butt hurt. I have no idea how long I have been here. I stood up, and stretched. I started walking to my room, but I heard someone calling my name faintly. I whirled around to face the noise, but no one was there.

I turned back around and I came face to face with a ghost that scared the living shit out of me.

"Cadence," it said.

I gripped the wall for support, and breathed, "Clark?"