Chapter 4

Chapter 4;

I didn't see Layne at school the other day... Or the day after that... Or the day after that... It was finally the weekend, and I was honestly worried about him. My last encounter with him was really weird, and he was being rude. I wanted to see him again and I don't know why. I had some sort of attraction towards him that intrigued me.

I was sitting at home watching my little brother while my parents went out on a date. We were watching TV, and I was growing bored of it. I stood up, and went near the window. I peered out of it, searching for Layne... I spotted him carrying out a huge bag, and throwing it into a fire. What the hell was up with this guy and fires? He was obviously burning something, but what...

I quickly ran out the back door, and hurried over to the fence quietly. I started climbing over it, and I landed in his backyard, softly. He didn't seem to hear me, so I took the advantage, and scurried across the yard. Unseen, I peeked around the corner of the bush, and was surprised by what was standing in front of me.

Layne was looking down at me, with disappointment on his face, and he had his arms crossed. He was biting his lip, and it was honestly really sexy. I slowly stood up, and looked down.

"Why do you keep sneaking around my house?" he asked.

"I'm not sneaking around your house. It's your backyard I'm sneaking around in...."

"Same difference,"

"Okay..."

His stare seemed to pierce through my soul. It scared me. His eyes were pupils, but they looked softer and more friendly then last time. "What do you want to know about me?"

Know about him? Hm... I never really thought about that. "Um... Why haven't you been at school?"

"I had things to do,"

"Why do you go by Lucifer?"

He smirked. "Because I'm almost as evil as him. If not, then more," he laughed unemotionally, and he didn't seem to be kidding,

"Okay... What type of accent do you have?"

"Romanian. My family is from Romania,"

"Why do your eyes turn to slits?"

He was taken aback by this question. It was like it surprised him. He lost his smirk, and frowned. "I don't know," he lied, and I could tell.

"I think you do,"

He glared at me, and licked his lips. He grabbed the sides of my arms and pulled me in close. He had his face in my throat, and I felt him flick his tongue on my vein. He licked it numerous times, and gently bit down. It stung a little but in all honesty, it felt kinda nice.

Layne let go of me, and licked his lips again. My hand flew up to my throat to cover it, and he smirked. His eyes were slits again, but they turned back to normal.

"What was that?" I stammered.

"Are you scared?"

"No..."

He chuckled. "You should be,"

"Why? Layne, what's going on?"

He hissed at his name. "What do you think is going on?"

I honestly didn't know. I was so confused. All I wanted were some answers. I didn't expect any of this to happen. The air started smelling like burning flesh, and I wrinkled my nose. Layne didn't seem to notice.

"What's that smell?"

He looked towards the fire, and smiled at me. "Nothing that you need to worry about any longer,"

"What are you?"

"What do you think I am?"

"Not human..."

"Why do you think I get called Lucifer?" he glared at me with his piercing ice green eyes. They looked hungry, and evil. His eyes turned to slits again, and it creeped me out.

"Are you a demon.....?" I asked quietly. His face became disgusted.

"Something like that," he flashed his teeth, and his fangs popped out the most. I gulped, and right then and there, I knew exactly what he was.

"Vampire..."

He grinned evilly, and leaned against his house, crossing his arms. "That's right, princess. Are you scared?"

I shook my head, and started backing away towards the fence. Layne noticed what I was doing, and he was over to me in a flash. He held my arms above my head, and snarled at me.

"Don't tell anyone, or your life will no longer be a burden,"