Chapter 19

Chapter 19;

I heard loud banging on the front door. It was 2:30 in the morning, so we didn't know who could be at the door. Layne grunted, stood up, and went to answer the door. I looked over the side of the couch to get a good glimpse of the person.

"What are you doing here?" Layne asked, viciously.

I couldn't get a look at who it was.

"Lucifer, you're in trouble... We need your help," I heard a familiar voice panic.

"You're not welcomed here. I don't care if you did help us,"

Layne started closing the door on the person, but the person stopped Layne from closing the door. Layne hissed.

"Listen to me. You need to keep Cadence in this house at ALL times. Austin is alive... He's coming for you, and all the werewolves,"

Layne froze. "He's not alive, Clark. We killed him,"

"You underestimate the demons," Clark muttered.

Layne scoffed. "I know full and well what those soul suckers are capable of. I don't really care, now goodbye," he started closing the door again but Clark growled. He entered the house, and shoved Layne up against the wall.

Laynes eyes became slits. In one fast motion, he had Clark against the wall, pinned with one hand. He got close to Clark's face, and licked his cheek.

"I wouldn't, Clark," Layne laughed lightly, evilly.

Clark didn't do or say anything. He knew better. I also knew Layne wouldn't kill Clark because it would break the pact that they made a long time ago. It would be a full on war if one of them broke it. Layne let Clark go, and Clark brushed off his clothes.

"You need to listen to me. Cadence is I great danger. Austin is alive, maybe not as strong, but he's alive. You won't recognize him as he took another human form. He's more pissed than ever and is waiting for Cadence. He also knows that I've betrayed him so he's coming after ALL of the werewolves... You have to help me," Clark looked over at me in worry.

"We killed him," Laynes eyes flared. He was ignoring what else Ckark was saying.

Clark shook his head. Layne picked a picture up, and threw it against the wall. Glass shattering everywhere, and the picture inside was now torn. I got up, and hugged Layne from behind. He didn't do anything but tell me to get off. He was still picking up pictures and throwing them. I hugged him tighter and tighter with each picture. He eventually stopped, and threw my arms off of him. He then glared at Clark, then went upstairs.

I faced towards Clark, and shrugged. I didn't know what to do. Layne was pissed beyond belief.

"You need to stay here, okay?"

I nodded. "What about my family?"

"I'll keep them safe," he half smiled, heading towards the front door. He soon made his way out and I was alone. Labiba, Juliet, and Adrian were no where to be found. Probably in bed, but I don't know. I sat on the couch, hugging my knees.

I was beginning to grow sleepy, when I heard a knock on the window. I looked over, and I see this disgusting face in the window. It was black, crinkly, had black holes as eyes, rotted, sharp teeth, and two little holes as a nose. It was ugly. It smiled wickedly at me, as I screamed. It mouthed 'I'm coming for you,' then took off.

I heard Layne run down the stairs. I ran into his arms, and started crying. He ran his hand up and down my back, calmly.

"Cadence, what's wrong?" he asked.

"I... I s-saw..." I choked.

"Yes?"

"Oh Layne..." I cried softly.

He pulled me from my grip onto him, so I can see his face. It was pained, worried, and stressed. "I can't help you if you don't tell me what's wrong,"

"I saw a demon in the window..."

Layne didn't say anything.

"It said it was coming for me..."

Layne froze. I could hear his breathing pick up as he grew angry again.

"Layne?"

"Austin is not going to get you. As long as you stay here, he can't touch you. He cannot set foot into this house," Layne stated solemnly.

I felt safe in his arms. I didn't want to be alone. I looked up through my eyelashes to glance at Layne. His platinum blonde hair was light and fluffy, his piercing ice green eyes were slits, but I could tell they were filled with worry, his features were soft and inviting though, his plump pink lips were pursed together and he looks adorable.

"I'll keep you safe, princess," he murmured, taking my hand.

-

We laid cuddling in his bed. We had the windows shut, the door locked, and it was nice and quiet. Nobody was going to interrupt us. I lifted my head off of Laynes chest to meet his face. He looked down at me, and smirked.

"What's on your mind?" he asked.

I blinked, and sighed. "A lot of things. My family, Austin, Clark, the werewolves, where the other three went, and just a lot,"

"Stop stressing. Everything will be okay. I've killed Austin once, I can most certainly do it again. Nothing to worry about,"

"Layne... I'm being serious..."

"I am too!"

I laid my head back down on his chest, and laced my hand with his. "I just don't want you to get hurt. I don't want anyone hurt. I'm sorry for everything,"

"What're you sorry for?"

"Coming into your life. You wouldn't have the troubles you have now if I didn't come into your life,"

Layne sat both of us up, and faced me towards him. He looked me dead in the eyes, and they looked sincere.

"Cadence, you have nothing to be sorry for. If you hadn't walked into my life, I wouldn't be having this much fun. I haven't had this much fun in a long while. It's time I needed some action,"

I giggled, and Layne smiled. "Really though... I didn't mean to cause this much trouble for you," I kissed his cheek.

He wrapped his arms around me. "You aren't a bother. You are perfect and haven't caused me any trouble,"

I could tell he was lying about the last part but I wasn't going to say anything about it. "Layne?"

"Yes?"

"Kiss me?"

Layne tilted my head up and chuckled. He leaned his lips towards mine, and they met softly. I soon started feeling his tongue try to make its way into my mouth. I fought with his tongue with harmony, and everything at that moment was perfect.

Authors Note; sorry that this chapter is short but hey, at least it's better than nothing! So I'm really bored, so some of y'all should message me!(: I also need ideas for future chapters!(: