Chapter 10

Chapter 10;

What the hell was I doing? Meeting Austin at the park during demon hour? Was I really that stupid? I should've told him no.... But I couldn't. Something inside me wanted to see him... Wanted to be near him... Wanted to touch him... I don't know why. I didn't even try to fight it. It was pointless.

I climbed out the window in my room, and started climbing down the tree as quickly, and as quietly as possible. I didn't wanna be seen or heard. I scurried across the lawns on my neighbors, and started running for Harrison Park.

-

I slowly crept down the sidewalk of the park, and kept an eye out for anyone who might spot me. I was wondering around for ages, and finally sat down on the swing. Maybe Austin was a no show, or he could be running late. I pulled out my phone to text him, but I soon felt hands on my shoulders. I started to scream until I finally saw who it was.

It was Austin, and he had someone with him. Someone that looked awfully familiar... I stood up, and crossed my arms, facing both of them.

"I'm glad you came," Austin smiled. He looked back at the boy behind him, and the guy smirked. "We've been waiting for you,"

"I've been here forever. What do you mean 'we've'?" I responded.

"Clark and I of course," Austin gestured towards the guy behind him.

"I see,"

Austin smiled at me, and offered his hand out to me. Something about him didn't seem right, but he seemed so inviting and trustworthy.. Stop. What the hell am I thinking? Austin is a demon and his friend Clark probably is too. I kept my arms crossed, and looked away from him.

Austin chuckled, and put his hand down. "It's not safe out here,"

"Well no shit. You're a demon, and demons can't be trusted," those words stung when I barked them out. I don't know why. Every impulse of my being wanted to take it back.

Austin's face scrunched up, and he crinkled his nose. "Did your little blood sucker tell you that?"

He's referring to Layne...

"No. I just assumed after you bit me,"

"And now you're mine," His eyes started to turn black, and it was creeping me out. I wanted out of here.

"Why did you want to meet?" I asked.

"I wanted to see what's mine. You can't resist me no matter how hard you try," His voice... Sounded different. Sounded dark, scary... Almost demonic.

"Well you're full of yourself, aren't you?"

He hissed at me. "I wouldn't do that, sweetie. Not during this hour. This hour, is mine. Now, come!"

My body started moving forward, and I had no control over it. It was like my feet had a mind of its own. I was almost to Austin, when I heard a voice pipe up.

"Austin, stop,"

I haven't heard this voice in a long while. It was awfully familiar and I wanted to know who it was. I turned my head, and I saw Clark putting his hand on Austins shoulder. Austin was enraged that Clark had touched him, and his true demon form started showing.

"Get your hand off of me!" Austin's voice was completely gone, and in its place was the demons. Clark didn't listen.

"Stop. You don't need to do this right now. If you do it now, other demons will sense it, and come after her. Is that what you want?"

Austin faced towards me again, and his eyes were still black, but his voice started returning to normal. "I suppose not," my body completely stopped. "You get away with it for now, but next time, you won't be so lucky,"

Then Austin was gone.

I stood there, dumbfounded and completely lost. What just happened? I stated at Clark, trying to regain my breath. He just stood there, fist clenched, and staring at me as well. I shook my legs out, and stretched my arms.

"Thanks.. I really appre-" I started.

"You better get out of here. I won't be there the next time to help you. I would run, before all the demons find out you're here,"

"How come they can't sense me now?"

"You smell like demon, but it will wear off soon. Now go!"

I started backing away. "What are you?"

"Not of his kind,"

Then Clark was gone.

-

I was sitting at home, pondering about what Clark had said. Not of his kind... Does that mean there are other types demon out there? Or is he some other supernatural being? Why was he so familiar? Why does he look like someone I know?

I yawned and decided I've had enough excitement for one night. I switched my light off and went to sleep.

-

The school bell rang, and I was almost late for my class. I had over slept, due to the fact that my alarm didn't go off. I sat in my chair right before the bell rang, and opened my book to my notes. People were looking at me funny, and kept poking fun at me. Whatever. I didn't care. They didn't know what I've gone through.

The next two periods passed and it was lunch time. I wanted to search for Clark, and see if he went to my school. I threw my lunch away, and ran out of the lunchroom. I didn't pay attention to where I was going because I bumped into someone. Their lunch spilled all over the floor, and got onto their shirt. I bent down to help clean it up.

"I'm sorry..." I mumbled, looking up.

It was Clark.

I quickly regain my composure and threw the trash away. Clark looked at me weirdly, and tried to walk away from me. I grabbed his shirt, and demanded him to give me some answers.

"What the hell do you want?" Clark asked, slapping my hand away.

"I want answers,"

"You're not going to get them,"

"Are there others like you? Are you another type of demon? What type of demon is Austin?"

"Shut up, I don't wanna talk about it. I could get my ass chewed if I told you,"

"Clark, please..."

He rolled his eyes, and pulled me aside into the janitors closet. He turned the little light on, and stared down at me. He looked amazing.

"You can't tell anyone I told you this, okay?"

"Fine," I crossed my heart, and he rolled his eyes again.

"Okay... Austin is one of the top dog demons. He's the one that can't live without eating souls..."

"So like a dementor from Harry Potter?"

He smirked. "Kinda, but he doesn't look like that. He can take the form of any human being he wants, as long as he had enough power. He's best friends with a lot of the upper class demons like Lucifer and Belial,"

"Oh shit, they're real?"

"Of course, stupid! They're all real. You don't live in the world you think you live in!"

"Continue,"

"I on the other hand... Am not a demon. I'm a werewolf. But, there are other kinds of demons, and you don't wanna get involved with them,"

"So why were you with Austin during demon hour?"

He hesitated before answering. "That doesn't matter. What matters is that you're not safe anymore. You got involved with that vampire, and now you're screwed,"

"What do you mean?"

He put his had on the knob, and started turning it, but before he left me, he said "You're not safe anymore," then he was gone.

Authors Note; sorry that I haven't uploaded in a while. Who's your favorite character and why?(: