Chapter 34

Chapter 34;

*Laynes POV*

Cadence isn't dead... Cadence isn't dead.. They're lying. They're all lying. She couldn't be. Just because I couldn't see her, doesn't mean she's dead.

I looked frantically around the room I was in, but the only people that I'm surrounded by are Caine and the one other person that took me here. I eventually just stopped and stared at the ground.

Caine came by and placed his hand on my shoulder. "I'm not the bad guy here. I didn't touch your precious little girl,"

"Then why the fuck won't you tell me where she is?"

"Its so much fun to play with your head," he chuckled.

I didn't find it very amusing.

He stopped laughing and then I felt his cold breath by my ear. "If anyone is to blame, it should be that Labiba girl you thought you could trust,"

"Why do you think I will believe that Cadence is dead?" I asked, simply.

"Now, now. Why do you keep assuming she's dead?"

"So she's alive?"

"Did I say that?"

"Stop with the damn games already. I've had enough. Now fucking tell me if she's dead or not,"

He slicked his black hair back and snapped his fingers. "Alright. You win,"

Some men came out, carrying Cadence by her arms. She wasn't struggling and she had her head down. The men threw Cadence at me and I caught her, fumbling her weight in my arms. She looked up at me with such relief but she didn't seem the same. She didn't seem happy to see me. She just seemed happy to get out of here.

"Go now. Before I change my mind. I will see you in the future," Caine murmured and soon we were out of there.

-

We were in my house immediately after we were let go. I didn't want to risk being out there for too long. I locked my doors and windows just to make sure no one got in. Cadence was sitting on the couch, wrapped in blankets, Labiba was pacing around the room.

"They came so close to killing Cadence... You don't understand, Layne. Not only are the demons trying to get us, but now your ex butler is too-"

"Personally, I don't think Caine is against us... He could probably be a good asset to what we're trying to do..."

"Are you nuts?! Caine made you kill your family, Caine almost killed Cadence and I, Caine almost killed you!"

"But did he? Look, I know that he made me kill my family and I know he took advantage of me, but I really think if he fought with us, we could actually win,"

She got quiet and she stared at me with huge, confused eyes. "What has gotten into you?!"

I shrugged. "I'm thinking with common sense. Are you?"

"I'm thinking logically! Now stop being an asshole and actually look at the big picture!"

"Think outside the box, Labiba," I said as every sense in my body was telling me not to trust my gut.

"You've completely lost your senses. I'm not talking to you anymore until you realize what is actually going on,"

She stormed upstairs and I heard a door slam shut. I didn't even bother to go after her. It wasn't worth it. I headed over to where Cadence was instead and she wrapped up with blankets, laying on the couch. She had a blank look on her face, and she didn't look up when I came over. I sat down next to her.