Chapter 26

Chapter 26;

*The Witches POV*

Demons. Demons everywhere. I was disgusted by the amount of filthy hands were breaking and touching my stuff. I would've stopped them, but my hands were tied. I looked up at the werewolf who betrayed my trust and I snarled at him. His eyes seemed sad, and hurt, and his face was pained.

One of the demons got into my face, and smiled. "Tell me witch. Are you familiar with demons?" it asked. It's breath smelled horrid.

I spit in its face. "You guys are filthy idiots!"

"Now now, Kassandra. Play nice,"

How the hell did the demon know my name?

"Not for the likes of you," I looked down at the ground, not wanting to meet those sickening eyes.

The demon caressed my face, and his touch felt sticky. "Kassie, I need you to undo the spell you left on that vampires house,"

"Why should I do that?!"

"Please? For me?" He kissed my lips and it felt different. It didn't feel like his demon mouth... his voice started changing and then he started doing something that not a lot of demons can do.

He started taking the form of a human.

A human I used to date a while back.

My eyes widened as he took the form of my previous lover, and he smiled at me.

"Tristan..." I murmured.

"Remember me?" he spun around with his arms out so I could get a good view of him.

I nodded. "Why have you done this to me? Why do you want the vampires protective spell gone?!"

"Lets just say, it's for a specific Austin job," he whispered in my ear, and nibbled on my earlobe.

I was petrified by what he was doing. I didn't like it at all. He used to do this to me when we were dating. I don't even know why I dated him in the first place. I'm glad he broke up with me...

"Now," he stepped back and directed his attention towards the demons invading my home, "Drag her out of here and lets get going!"

The demons started tugging and pulling on me to go. I struggled out of their grip and rose my hands. The demons froze and watched what I was doing.

Big mistake.

I started whispering Latin and then I started getting louder, and louder. The demons suddenly started running towards me, but I didn't stop. Right before they grabbed me, the demons were out of sight and my cottage was once again hidden.

*Laynes POV*

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and as I pulled it out, an unknown number was calling me. I grunted and answered it.

"Who is this?" I asked.

"Lucifer, you have to help me," the voice was shaky but still in control.

"Kassandra?!"

"Please get here quick," the phone disconnected.

-

All of us arrived where Kassandra lived. Her cottage wasn't hidden to us, but it has been a long time since I've been here. Actually, a long time since I've been to any witches home.

Kassandra opened the door for us and quickly let us in. Once she shut the door, I felt the cottage hide itself. It felt like the whole house was afraid. It felt tense and a witches house doesn't normally feel like this.

The witch was rubbing her hands together to keep them warm, while looking at us. We didn't know what to do. She started speaking quietly.

"I'm glad you came,"

"Why're we here?" I asked.

She looked up at me through her thick eyelashes. "My home has been invaded with demons,"

Everyone's eyes widened with surprise and Cadence gasped. "What do you mean?! I thought demons weren't allowed in a witches home?" I asked.

"I didn't invite them in," she hissed. "A werewolf tricked me!"

"What werewolf..." Cadence asked quietly.

Kassie directed her attention to Cadence and smiled wickedly.

"A human?" she looked at me. "Lucifer, why do you have a human with you? Are you saving her for later?"

Cadence cringed. I shook my head. "Doesn't matter. Just answer the question,"

"Ah. Answer mine first,"

I looked at her and then to Cadence. I shut my eyes tight and balled my fists up. "She's just a friend. She's here to help,"

I could feel the whole room get tenser. I could feel Cadence letting her mouth drop, and I could feel her sadness. I opened my eyes and looked at Kassandra.

"I see," she went over to her book of spells and flip the pages non stop. She finally stopped on a page, and smiled at me. She started walking around the room. Her house was so quiet that you could hear her tiny footsteps echo throughout her house. She stopped behind me, put her hand on my shoulder and then it slowly caressed my neck.

"Clark was the one who let them in," she whispered in my ear. "That damn werewolf. I want him and those demons terminated,"

I turned my head towards her and I met her angry face. "I can't kill Clark. I'm just trying to kill those demons,"

"Either kill Clark and the demons, or..." she walked over to her spell book again. "I'll let down the protective spell and it's free game,"

She started laughing wickedly and I could feel the house doing it with her. Witches could never be trusted. I nodded and the door suddenly opened and we were all out in the open forest.

-

We started walking back towards my house but we had to do it secretly and quietly. Labiba hasn't said anything the entire time she's been out here and neither has the others... Except Cadence.

"How could you tell that witch we weren't together?!" she exclaimed.

I quieted her. "What was I supposed to say?!"

"That we were together! It's like you're embarrassed!"

"Cadence, I'm not embarrassed by being with you. I just didn't know what to say under pressure. Now will you pipe down? I mean, unless you want to get killed,"

She didn't say another word after that. We were almost to the front door of my house and I still didn't see any demons... Except one.

He looked at me with those disgusting eyes and I could feel the anger radiating off of him. He smiled at me, and chuckled.

"Hello, Layne,"