Chapter 31

Chapter 31;

*Cadences POV*

Clark was gone. I was just laying in my bed by myself for the last hour. I kept thinking about what he said before he left... 'I don't know how Layne would handle it...' what does that mean? Layne would rejoice that his best friend was actually alive. Wouldn't he?

I heard a knock on my door, and I jumped. I didn't think anyone was awake. I told them to come in and it was Labiba. What did she want?

She strutted over to my bed, crossing her arms and bending her knee out, looking like a total bitch. I didn't want to hear what she had to say.

"Get out," I muttered. "I don't want to see anyone right now, especially you,"

She hissed. "You're going to listen whether you like it or not,"

I groaned and covered my face with my hands, facing my back towards her.

"Look. I don't want to get in the middle of this love fest you have going on with Lucifer, but I hate seeing him like this. He's beating himself up over the death of Clark, he's upset because he doesn't have you anymore, and he's tempted to end his life,"

I felt my mouth drop and I felt the tears start to well up. I sat up slowly, looking out the window. I saw the bonfire going with Layne standing his back towards the window. It was completely dark outside, and you could smell the burning flesh in the fire. I scrunched my nose up, and sighed.

I could feel Labiba's eyes on me and it felt uncomfortable. I got up, turned to face her, gave her the nastiest look, and walked out of my room without saying a word to her.

-

*Laynes POV*

I could hear the backdoor opening and closing behind me, and I could smell Cadences scent. It was overwhelming, I wanted her gone. All I could think about was finally ending this hell of a life that I had. To finally be with the ones I cared about, or... I used to care about.

I felt Cadences hand on my shoulder,
but I did not move. I didn't want her here. She looked up at me with those beautiful eyes of hers.

"Layne.."

"Leave me alone,"

"I know you're going through a lot right now, but ending your life isn't gonna solve anythi-"

"Who told you I was gonna do that?!" I snapped.

She winced. "Labiba..."

I looked up towards Cadences bedroom window and saw Labibas evil smile in it. I was disgusted.

"What are you going to do about it?" I asked harshly.

"What?" her eyes widened.

"And if I do kill myself, what are YOU gonna do about it?"

She was thinking for a long time and the silence was nice. The silence could a permanent solution for me...

"I guess I can't stop you, but always know this..."

She cupped my cheek, and that sent tingles down my body. Her touch felt amazing and made me feel safe.

"I will always love you, Layne,"

I couldn't deny that I loved her back. She was the girl that has been keeping me alive, the girl that has been driving me crazy, the girl that I would do anything for... But I don't know if I could take it anymore.

"Cadence, I-" I started stuttering and I didn't know why. I pushed her hand away, and started going inside. "I need time alone," I closed the door behind me, and started heading towards the bathroom.