Chapter 22

Chapter 22;

Layne still wasn't talking to me. It's been days, and these days haven't been all that great. He would avoid me like the plague, and it was getting really annoying. I wanted to see him and tell him I was sorry. I didn't know what for, but I just felt like it needed to be said. He certainly wasn't going to say it.

I walked into the kitchen to get myself some coffee. It was 1 in the morning, and I couldn't sleep. Might as well pull an all nighter. I went to the cabinet, pulled out a mug, and placed it under the coffee maker. I didn't even care which flavor it was. Once I set the mug in place, I went to go grab a spoon but as soon as I turned around, Adrian was sitting on the countertop, smiling.

I jumped a little, and he just laughed at me. Adrain's hair was slightly messy, his eyes were bright, he was paler than usual, and he wore a red plaid top, with dark blue pants. He smirked at me, and hopped off the counter.

"What're you doing up?" I asked, grabbing the spoon from the drawer.

"I could ask you the same thing," he smiled slightly.

I rolled my eyes. "If you're here to talk to me about Layne, I don't want to hear it. I'm still mad at him," I stirred my coffee lightly, sighed, and faced my back towards him.

"I'm not gonna lecture you about Layne. He's acting like an immature brat right now,"

I smiled darkly. "Then what do you want?"

He closed the space between us, and placed his hands on my shoulders. He leaned in close to my ear, and I could feel his cold breath grazing my ear. It sent chills down my body.

"You," he whispered, kissing my neck lightly. His kisses didn't feel like Laynes. They felt lighter and colder. It most certainly felt different. He moved my hair from my neck so he could get a better view of my neck, and began kissing it once more, but a little harder. I turned around to stop him, pushing him against the shoulder. He smirked at me, and his eyes widened.

"What are you doing?!" I asked.

He held his hands up in defense. "Nothing,"

"What about Juliet?! I thought you two had a thing?"

He chuckled. "We broke up yesterday, Cadence. We're still really good friends,"

"When did this happen?"

"Doesn't matter," he began walking out the kitchen, like nothing happened. I just let him. I couldn't believe what I just experienced.

-

All 5 of us were in the living, talking about the demons and how we should get rid of them. They're multiplying by the dozen, and are in defense mode. They're circling Laynes house like no other, and neither of the vampires can leave to go and feed... So they're a bit cranky. Layne was ignoring me and acting like I wasn't there, but he seemed more pissed at me than before.

Labiba kept giving me strange glances, and it looked like she wanted to eat me. Probably did since I was the only blood source available. Layne would glance at me once in a while, but they wouldn't be that noticeable.

"There's no physical way we can do this," Juliet argued. She was up on her feet, with her hands on his hips. She was annoyed with Labiba.

Labiba rolled her eyes. "How about we just give them what they want?" Labiba shot her eyes over at me, and smiled wickedly. "I'm not about to die because of this wretched girl,"

"Excuse me?" I commented.

She directed her attention back over to the ghosts. Adrian kept smiling at me, clearly remembering everything that has happened a few hours ago. I wouldn't even give him the time of day anymore. He lost my respect. I thought he was different.

"Its best you don't say anything to me, Cadence," Labiba chuckled. "I'm quite hungry,"

Layne slammed his hand on the table, and then stormed up the stairs. We all looked after him as he climbed the stairs and disappeared. Juliet gave me a worried glance, and nodded her head. I sighed, and heaved myself up.

-

I knocked on Laynes door. He didn't answer. I knocked again, but then I just walked in. Not caring if he wanted to speak to me or not. He was sitting on the other side of his bed, with his back towards me. His room was completely dark, other than the lamp illuminating the room on his nightstand. I slowly walked towards the bed, and sat down across from me.

"We need to talk," I sighed.

"Why don't you just leave?" he asked quietly.

"I'm not leaving on a bad note... Layne, I just wanted to say I'm sorry. For everything-"

"You should've just let me die,"

"I couldn't do that..."

He didn't say anything.

"Layne, I care too much for you. I can't just picture my life without you anymore... I think I'm kinda in love with you..."

He scoffed. "Love me?" he kept laughing. "Cadence, if you really loved me, you wouldn't have kissed Adrian,"

I blinked. "How did you know...?"

"There's not much in this house that goes on that I don't know about,"

"Well, I never kissed him. He kissed me. We also never kissed!"

"Whatever,"

"Why don't you believe me?"

"You're contradicting yourself,"

"Adrian kissed my neck. We never kissed-"

Laynes eyes flashed towards me. His eyes were slits, but they seemed different to me. He was staring at my neck... My vein. I covered it up.

"I stopped him though..." I said slowly.

"You let him kiss your neck?!"

"What's the big deal?"

He shook his head. "I don't think you understand. What he kissed was MY territory. You're my blood source, not his,"

"Adrian doesn't drink blood, and I'm not a blood source!"

He balled his fists up, and clenched his teeth. I could tell he was fighting the hunger. He was fighting to rip me apart, and just suck me dry. He did still care for me... If not, I would've been dead.

"Cadence, you need to leave,"

I grabbed his fist, and held it close to my face; cuddling it. He shut his eyes and tried to focus on something different. He looked adorable.

"I'm not going anywhere,"

"You want me to kill you?"

I scooted closer to him, closing the space between us. "You won't kill me. I know you won't,"

He opened his eyes, and they were still slits. He seemed hungrier than ever before. He snatched his fist away, inhaling my scent. His fangs started showing, and he got closer to my neck, I let him. I didn't care. If he was going to kill me, fine. If not, than I knew he was able to do it.

Layne got close to my neck, inhaled, and licked where my pulse ran rapidly. He gripped my arms, pulling me to him. He had his eyes shut, and his fingers felt like they were gonna leave a bruise on my arms. I didn't care. I leaned my head back, letting him have full access to my neck. He started biting down, but something had stopped him. He pulled back, and his eyes were soft again. He dropped his arms, and he head fell to his chest.

"Layne?"

"I can't do it..." he whispered. "I can't kill you..."

"I knew you wouldn't,"

"You couldn't have been so sure. You could've been dead right now,"

"I would've been fine with it. But I'm not dead, so that's all that matters,"

He looked up at me, and his eyes glistened. It looked like he was about to cry... Can vampires cry? Not that I know of.

I cupped his cheek, and he grabbed my hand and caressed it. "I am sorry for over reacting. You didn't deserve any of that,"

"It's fine, Layne,"

"I love you...." he barely whispered.

"What...?"

He laughed slightly, like what he said was ridiculous. "Nevermind,"