Chapter 25

Chapter 25;

*Austins POV*

"Clark!" I called. A huge wolf came running by my side, hurriedly. I smiled up at him, but he seemed pretty pissed off at me. No matter. I didn't care. "I want you to sniff out that damn witch so we can bear those wretched vampires once and for all. Now go!"

Clark hesitated. I smacked him so hard on the back of the head that he whined. "I said go!" I growled.

Clark howled and started running north. I smiled, and commanded my slaves to follow along. I didn't go with them just yet. I had some unfinished business to take care of.

*Clarks POV*

I hated this. I hated how I had to be his side pup. I hated him. I was friends with the vampires... And Cadence. I don't know why Austin wants her so bad. Can't he just find another girl to make a mark on? Why just Cadence? Probably because Cadence belongs to Layne and Austin wants to tear Layne apart.

I sniffed the ground and the air high and low. I already had a witches scent, but I didn't want to lead the demons to her. I had to though.... Austin could kill my family, and worse, he could kill me. He only kept me around for jobs like this. I did all his dirty work.

I could hear the demons footsteps not too far behind me. I gulped as soon as I found the witches hideout. There was nothing there but a hill deep out in the forest. Witches don't have their homes out in the open because of intruders like us. The only way a witch will welcome her home to us is for me to talk to her.

I barked at the demons to stay back so I transformed back into my human form. I sighed, and took a deep breath.

"Witch, please show yourself. My name is Clark. I am a werewolf, and I won't hurt you," I said calmly, but shaky. I looked back at the forest and I hear snickers.

"Please, I'm begging you," my voice sounded distressed. I didn't want killed.

I saw something shimmer and flicker in front of my eyes. Soon, a little cottage came before me and the witch cracked open her door. She smiled at me with a wicked smile. I felt horrible.

"Come to me, my wolf friend," her voice sounded seductive.

I winced, and nodded. The demons began to run and invade her home, running past me, hungrily. She looked at me with disgust and then was taken aback with demons.

*Laynes POV*

I heard ringing in my ears, and it sounded horrible. Something was wrong, but I couldn't quite figure out was it was. Labiba heard it too, but what's weird is that only her and I heard it.

I paced the living room frantically, hoping answers would come to me. The demons were no where in sight, and Austin was no where to be found. I know they haven't given up, so something was odd. I kept shaking my head at the answers everyone was giving to me. I didn't wanna hear it. I wanted to be alone with my thoughts.

Cadence came up to me, and grabbed my hands. I tried to yank them from her, but her nails were digging into my hands. I winced, and looked up at her.

"What?" I hissed.

"Layne, please stop. You're worrying everybody," her voice was soothing.

I sighed. "You all should be worried,"

"We are. We are about you. Forget about the demons just for a little bit?"

"Are you insane? I can't. They could hurt you at any time, whenever they want, and you want me to chill?"

Her hand touched my cheek and it felt amazing. I felt myself giving in, but I was reluctant. "Layne, please. For us?" she kissed my lips. "For me?"

"Cadence, no," I yanked free of her grip, and started walking towards the stairs. Before I headed up, I looked at everyone's face. Labiba was pissed off as usual, Juliet was glaring at me with her sad eye and I could see her glowing eye under her hair, Adrian was staring down at his hands, and Cadence.... She looked like she was going to cry, but mainly she looked worried and scared.

I ignored all of them and headed upstairs to my room.

Authors Note; sorry this is short but I realize I didn't update in a while and I'm sorry. I'm just going through a lot these past few weeks and it's been stressful. Last Sunday, a friend of mine got in a car accident and passed away, I've had band competitions, the guy I like blew me off for some other girl, and I've been sick):