Chapter 32

Authors Note; I am so sorry for not updating in forever. I'm going through a lot. My boyfriend recently broke up with me and I'm going through a terrible heartbreak, and I've been in and out of the hospital lately. So please accept my apologies, and I hope you guys are still my readers.

Chapter 32;

*Laynes POV*

"Why are you doing this?" I asked quietly. I didn't think I wanted to know the answer.

Caine smirked at me, walking around in circles around me. The sound of his shoes clicking as they hit the floor were the only sound in the this old, creaky house. I could feel the house tense with each step he took. Caine leaned on close to my ear, and I could feel his cold breath go down my neck.

"Layne, I did this to save you and you're making me seem like a bad person," he whispered.

"Cause you are..."

He chuckled, leaning back against the wall. "Why do you think I did what I did?"

I looked around the room... Trying to find someway out of this mess. Caine watched me intently, expecting me to answer. He wasn't that butler I knew anymore... He was a cold blooded killer who was out for blood.

"I'm waiting,"

I quickly made up my mind, and grabbed a glass vase and chucked it at his head. I heard the glass shatter everywhere, and I opened my eyes and Caine was gone.

I dropped to my knees, and sobbed into my hands. I just sat there and cried, wishing I could just end it all. I'm stuck in this eternal hell forever and nobody can help me. That's the worse part about this... Nobody understands me. Nobody knows what I've been through.

I eventually stopped sobbing and I glanced down at my hands. They were covered in dark blood, but it was mainly all dried up... I stood up slowly, and started heading towards the bathroom.

I washed my hands slowly, just because I didn't want to go back out there or see anyone. I heard a knock on the door and I quickly tensed. I didn't say a word; afraid it might be Caine. I didn't know why I was afraid of him, but damn, I just threw glass at his head. The door handle started jiggling faster and faster, and I as soon as I put my hand on the handle, it stopped all together.

I took a deep breath, and quickly opened the door. I saw Cadence standing there, dumbfounded and lost. I pulled her in, and shut and lock the door.

"Layne, what is going on?! Why are you acting so weird? Who was that guy?" the questions came pouring out of her mouth, and I just wanted her to stop.

I put my hand over her mouth, and glared at her.

"Just don't worry about it. It's nothing you need to know,"

She pushed my hand aside, and grabbed my face. "Layne, why were you bleeding earlier?"

I shut my eyes, taking in the touch of her hands. They felt so amazing, and it was much needed. I don't even remember how long I've had my eyes shut, but I snapped out of it once I heard Cadences voice.

"Lucifer!" she was snapping at me, and I grabbed her wrist. I brought it close to my face, and placed her arms around my neck. I needed her. I pulled her close, wrapping my arms around her body. She seemed surprised by my reaction, and she caressed my hair.

"Everything will be okay... I promise. Nobody will hurt you," she cooed, but her words didn't seem to help. I just tightened my grip around her, not wanting to let her go again.

"Cadence, I am so sorry," I rubbed her back, and I kept tightening my grip.

"What is going on?"

"You will be safe, I won't let Caine hurt you,"

"He already has..."

What did she say? I grabbed her by the shoulders, pulling her back so I could see her face. Half of the flesh on her face was gone, and she had no eyes. Her face was bleeding and her eye sockets were gushing out blood. I let go of her and backed against the door.

She reached out to me, and I flinched.

"Don't you love me Layne?" her voice started getting deeper and deeper, and it started sounding like Caines. I opened my eyes, and there he was. Standing before me was the devil himself. Caine reached out to caress my face, and I pushed it away.

"Where's Cadence?!"

He laughed. "Dead,"

"She's not dead... What did you do with her?"

He laughed like a mad man, and then I blacked out.

Authors Note; sorry that this is bad and really short...