Chapter 7

Chapter 7;

I was so glad to be out of that hell hole. I've had enough of Layne for one day. He was really pissing me off. I was walking out of the school when I heard my name being called from behind me. I whirled around and there, I saw this really cute boy. I looked around to see who was calling my name, but he was the only one there. He walked up to me, and smiled.

"You're Cadence, right?" he asked, offering his hand. When I didn't take it, he put it behind his head. "I'm Austin. I was one of the guys that was sitting at the table with those jerks. I really sorry about that..."

"No, it's cool. I'm over it,"

He smiled. "So what's up?"

"Going home..." I started walking backwards, but he just kept on coming towards me.

"So... Do you know that Lucifer guy?"

"What?" I stopped dead in my tracks. Is that why he was talking to me? I knew it was too good to be true.

"I would stay away from him... He's kinda... Weird,"

"Says you,"

He smirked. "Can I have your number, Cadence?"

"Will it get you to leave me alone?" I teased, and nodded. I gave him my number, and he smiled at me.

"I'll text you later, okay?"

I nodded again, and ran off.

-

What a stressful day this has been, and it's only 6pm. I've been waiting or Austin to text me for three hours, and at this rate, I don't think he is. I sighed, and turned on the tv. The news was on and it was talking about some killings in the woods here recently. It didn't bother me much, but it made me wonder.

I looked out the window to see if Layne was out there, and sure enough, he was. He was burning that damn fire again. Why does he build a fire so much? Every single day I see him doing this. I got up, walked over to the window, and glared at Layne. He didn't seem to notice me. I soon heard my phone go off, and it was some unknown number. I opened it.

'Hey, it's Austin!' it read.

I quickly replied. 'Hey.'

'Do you want to hang out?'

'Sure:) why not?'

'K! I'll meet you over at your place!'

My phone didn't go off again. Austin was wanting to hang out already and I just met him today. Oh well. Guess its better than being by yourself on a Friday night. I soon heard the door bell ring, and I yelled for the person to come in.

It was Austin.

He honestly looked really hot. He had scruffy brown hair that swept to the side, brown eyes, dimples... He had on a blue, plaid button down shirt with dark pants on. He walked in, closed the door, and put his hand behind his head.

"Sorry for wanting to hang out so soon..." he blushed. "But I just thought you needed company," he walked over towards the couch, and plopped down in it. He rested his arms behind it, and smiled a bright white smile at me.

"No, it's cool. I'm glad you came over," I smiled back, and twirled my hair. I did that whenever I got nervous.

"I'm glad I did. A pretty girl like you doesn't need to be alone at this time of night... Where's your family?"

"They're not here. My brother went over to a friends and my parents went out to eat. So we're alone," I looked around, and then my eyes met his.

"Alone, huh?"