Chapter 32

{Chapter 32}

"Dr. Andrews said that everything was looking good." Andrea sighed, balancing the phone between her ear and her shoulder as she finished painting her nails. "We went to the Doctors two days ago, and he said she was looking healthy- well healthier than she should be."

"Well that's good." The boy sighed on the other end of the phone. "I'll tell the boys, everyone has been worried about her."

Andrea snorted a laugh. "It's Katie, babe." She snickered. "No need to worry about her, she's a tough one."

Zayn laughed as well, a sound Andrea dearly missed. It had been just over two weeks since she had last seen him, since Katie and Andrea returned to London. Two weeks since Andrea and Katie had gotten into that fight.

"So how have you been?" Zayn mumbled. It sounded as though he was talking with food in his mouth and she almost rolled her eyes with a small smile on her face. 

"I've been good." She nodded, adding another pink coat to her index finger. "Work's been kicking me in the ass though."

She had told Zayn all about her new job as a receptionist for some high-end Hair Salon. It was a few days after her fight with Katie that she had received a call from a very posh-sounding lady named Winnie, who wanted to interview her for a new position as a receptionist.

She hadn't even realized she submitted a resume to the small, high-end salon but she didn't overthink it and gratefully took the job.

"Oh yeah." Zayn said. "How is that going? Do you enjoy it?"

"Yup." Andrea replied, popping her 'p'.

It was true, she had been there for under a week and a half and she already loved it. It was intimidating though, having to get dressed to her best each day for work. Apparently Winnie was one of the most popular hair-stylists in all of London, and her posh salon was the salon to many famous people.

"Winnie still kind of scares me, but I've met some friends there I really like." She said thoughtfully, blowing on her nails and screwing the lid back on the polish.

Just then, the elevator doors opened and the familiar ding made her look up to find Katie walking through with a few shopping bags in her hand.

"Oh," Andrea breathed as Katie looked over to her with a smile on her face. Andrea's eyebrows furrowed at the sight of her shopping bags.

"Katie's here." Andrea told Zayn, who seemed to get rather excited on the other end of the line.

"She is? I want to say 'Hi'!" He said, with a smile in his voice.

Andrea chuckled and pulled her iPhone away from her ear as Katie sauntered over to Andrea's place on the couch and grabbed the phone cheekily from the blonde.

"Hey!" Andrea whined as Katie smirked at her and raised it to her ear.

"Vas' Happenin?" She shouted into the phone in a weird accent that Andrea couldn't help but laugh at, she could only imagine how hard Zayn was laughing on the other end of the phone.

"What's up Bub? I miss you." Katie pouted into the phone. As she spoke to Andrea's boyfriend, Andrea took the liberty to peer into the bags that Katie had dropped onto the table in front of her.

There was a Victoria's Secret bag and a bag from BCBG. She peered in, but before she could see anything the bag was torn away by a frowning Katie, who still listened to whatever Zayn was saying on the other end of the line.

Andrea chuckled at the brunette's annoyance.

"Oh yeah." Katie replied to something Zayn had said, and looked over at Andrea with a mischievous glint in her eyes. "She misses youloads. Like too much…Sometimes at night, when she's all alone, I hear her-"