Chapter 5

{Chapter 5}

One Direction FanFiction

The bright morning sun was what awoke Katie as she stirred in her bed and rubbed her eyes.

Why couldn't these windows have curtains to block out the harsh sun that mocked her? Especially since she was hungover.

She rubbed at her eyes and sat up in bed, dropping her head into her hands as the overwhelming dizziness and ache in her head overpowered her.

"Why do I do this to myself." She groaned, throwing the covers off of her and padding her way out of her bedroom door. Her stomach grumbled lightly, desperate for some food.

She crawled down the stairs and walked into the brightly lit kitchen.

Harry sat at the breakfast bar, taking a bite out of an apple while concentrating on his phone in front of him.

"Good morning." She muttered as she walked in. He glanced up at her quickly before looking back down at his phone.

"Mornin'." He muttered back.

She opened the door to the fridge, inspecting what exactly Marissa had left for them to eat.

"Where's everyone else?" Katie asked, grabbing the OJ from the top shelf and closing the fridge door behind her. She grabbed a glass as Harry muttered into his apple, unenthusiastically.

"Liam and Niall are on the beach, Lou's still sleeping, Zayn and Andrea went for breakfast at some restaurant."

Katie nodded awkwardly as she poured herself a cup of Orange Juice, wondering why it was so difficult to keep up with the small talk with Harry. He wasn't really trying to make good conversation, it was like he wanted it to be awkward.

"So..." She sighed, leaning against the kitchen counter, looking at Harry who still hadn't managed to look up from his phone.

Katie tapped the glass of juice in her hand with her nail awkwardly. "Uh, I heard you had quite the time trying to get me home last night." She smirked. "Sorry about that..."

"No worries." He mumbled again. Was his phone really that important? He hadn't looked up once.

"And I guess I should thank you too." She continued. "For getting me in bed."

His green eyes finally looked up from his iPhone and landed on hers. That nasty smirk crossed his face. "Don't mention it, most girls thank me for getting them in bed too."

She couldn't help but roll her eyes.

"You just think you're all that, don't you Harry?" She muttered, raising her glass to take another sip of her Orange Juice.

He watched her now, almost as though he was watching her carefully, taking in her presence. Her long dark hair that hung in loose, messy curls past her breast.

She couldn't help the heat crawl up her neck as she watched his green eyes dash over her long legs that peaked out from under her black t-shirt and small cotton shorts.

His eyes made their way back up to hers and he smiled.

"Oh but I am."

She shook her head with a small smile on her face.