Chapter 15

{Chapter 15}

“Can you believe how the time flew?” Andrea asked as she laid on the couch with her feet dangling off the edge and her head resting on the arm rest. Katie was sitting across from her in the living room in the chair.

“No, I can’t.” Katie smiled as she played with the hem of her old high school gym shirt she had worn to bed.

She didn’t want to think much of it. She didn’t want to remember that in less then 5 days they would be packing up and leaving.

In five days it would be the last time she’d ever see Harry or Lou, Zayn, Liam or Niall.

Katie sighed. “I just don’t want it to end.”

Andrea nodded solemnly as the girls sat in the living room in silence. It was Tuesday morning and everyone was supposed to be out of the house by Saturday.

The boys were upstairs in their rooms, taking their showers and getting ready for the day.

“I think we should go see Dr. Andrews today.” Andrea said suddenly, causing Katie to look over at her in confusion. The idea had been completely out of the blue and Katie furrowed her eyebrows at the blonde.

“Why?”

Andrea sighed and ran an anxious hand through her blonde locks. “We should be keeping in touch with him more. I should have taken you for check up’s more often these past three weeks-”

“Why is everyone blaming themselves?” Katie suddenly asked, heatedly. She didn’t mean to sound so aggressive but it was really starting to bother her.

Ever since the other night when Harry had gotten mad at himself for letting her go into the water, she couldn’t stand it.

“I could have gone to get a check up, I could have called Dr. Andrews more.” She said frustrated. She hated the idea that suddenly she wasn’t being treated like an 18 year old but much less like a 7 year old instead. 

Andrea looked at her in surprise. She hadn’t expected Katie’s sudden outburst but after Katie had calmed down Andrea gave the girl a tight smile.

“Even if I don’t say it out loud Katie, I’m always going to be blaming myself.”

-

Andrea and Katie had decided mutually to not tell the boys they were going to the doctors. They didn’t want to cause them worry.

The hardest part though, was lying to Harry.

“I want to come.” He pouted, causing her to giggle. Harry was letting Andrea borrow his Range Rover, where she waited in outside as Katie said bye to Harry. She had her purse around her shoulder and her worn out white Tom’s on, ready to leave.

“Harry, no! It’s a girl’s day. We’re going shopping.” She laughed. His green eyes turned into puppy dog eyes as he pleaded with her playfully.

“You guys have a girl’s day every day of your life. Just let me come.” He wined and she laughed. He was too adorable and she felt bad for not telling him the truth, but she knew it was best. He would only worry.

“Harry, I’ll be back in a few hours.” She smiled at him. “When I get back, we’ll have alone time.”

His pout turned into a cheeky smirk as his eyes gleamed at her. She couldn’t help her chuckle. She leaned in and pressed her lips to his before saying goodbye.