Chapter 4

{Chapter 4}

"Are you sure you're up to going?" Andrea said, staring at her best friend in the mirror who applied mascara to her upper eyelashes.

"Uh yeah?" Katie said bluntly. She admired herself in the mirror one last time before popping her lips with her new lipgloss. "I'm excited!"

Before Andrea could voice her concerns, Katie turned to her and grabbed the side of her arms.

The girl was truly beautiful, Andrea thought as Katie looked at her. She had gotten dressed up for tonight and it was the first time in a long time that she looked like the old Katie again.

The Katie who used to wear mascara and eyeliner everyday and dressed in skinny jeans and expensive shoes.

Katie wore a tiny black dress that showed off her long legs. Her eyes were dark with makeup and her hair was loosely curled. She looked beautiful.

"I want to soak as much out of this as I can, Andrea." She said, chocolate eyes focusing on Andrea's blue ones. "You only live once, right?"

Andrea couldn't help but smile as Katie let her go and looked back at the mirror. Andrea remembered the days where she had always felt so plain when standing next to Katie.

Katie's beauty out shined hers in every way and Andrea had always felt so insignificant standing next to the beautiful brunette. She would always have the feeling when she was around her best friend.

"Girls!" One of the boys screamed from somewhere down the stairs. "Are you ready?"

Katie and Andrea panicked and added any last additions to their make up before shouting back. "Coming!"

Katie grabbed a leather jacket from the closet and threw on an old pair of Toms. Andrea slipped on a cotton jumper that worked with her black skinny jeans and tight white tank top. She couldn't deny that she was excited for tonight.

The girls walked down the stairs and towards the front door, where all the boys stood around, waiting for them.

When they walked in, all eyes travelled to them.

Zayn's eyes were only for Andrea, she realized as a slight blush crept up her neck. All the boys stared at them in a daze, taking in their change of appearance, and the last person she noticed was Harry, who leaned against the wall in a pair of dark jeans and a Ramones shirt.

His green orbs didn't pry away from Katie once.

"You ladies look-" Louis started, but Harry's husky voice cut him off immediately.

"Great."

Andrea turned to look at her best friend with a smug smile on her face, Katie's eyes were glued to Harry's and Andrea couldn't help the overwhelming pride she felt.

"Is that a compliment, Curly?" Katie smirked at Harry, who played if off cooly. He stayed leaning against the wall and crossed his arms, tilting his head to flash her a smug smile.

"I haven't decided yet."

Katie chuckled and shook her head as Andrea clapped her hands loudly beside the brunette.

"So, let's get out of here!" She squealed heading towards the door, only to have Zayn follow behind her. All the boys stood up and followed her out, chanting and conversing excitedly about the evening.