Chapter 6

One Direction FanFiction

"But I hate beer!" Andrea whined as the boys laughed when she took the bottle Zayn was handing to her eagerly.

The blonde's face screwed up as she took a sniff from the open bottle. Niall hollered when he watched her disgusted grimace.

"Come on Andrea! Don't be a baby!" Liam laughed as he sat forward in his seat getting impatient.

The boys all edged to the end of their seats as they watched her finally sigh and bring the bottle to her lips before closing her eyes and taking a baby sip.

Everyone went silent as she pulled the bottle away. There wasn't time for her to enjoy it before she shoved the bottle back into Zayn's hands and began choking in disgust.

Katie burst out in laughter as she watched her best friend fit around because of the bubbly alcohol she had hated since high school. Eventually Andrea stopped coughing and stuck out her tongue in disgust.

The laughter from the boys still hadn't died down as Liam buckled over, clutching his stomach in a fit of giggles and Niall slapped his knee. Standing behind Liam, Harry laughed as he took another sip from his Corona and Zayn gave Andrea a small apologetic smile as she turned to him with an embarrassed face.

"I hate you."

Zayn laughed and wrapped his free arm around her shoulder and pulled her into his side where she buried her face into his chest as he shook with laughter.

"No, you don't." He smiled down at her. "But you did make me proud."

Katie's laughter finally came to a stop as everyone else's did too. They were all seated around a small table at the top deck of the boat that they had rented for the night. The boat was sleek and elegant and absolutely huge. It came with it's own mini fridge that was already stocked with booze of every kind and it's own captain.

Katie was thankful for the captain, she couldn't imagine one of the boys having to drive this boat. They had spent the majority of the evening drinking and swimming in the water. They took a small ride around one of the islands but then returned to the marina, where the boat had been docked ever since.

Katie's cheeks began to hurt from smiling to much as she sighed and a comfortable silence fell upon them. She took a sip from the water bottle she held in her hands as her eyes landed upon another pair that had been watching her from across the floor.

"What about Katie?" Harry asked suddenly. He had been looking at her with a steady, intimidating gaze for a few moments. A smirk played on his lips as he took another sip from his Corona but his stare never broke from hers.

"What are you getting at, Styles?" She asked, just as forcefully. She would occasionally try her hand at being just as intimidating as he was, but somehow she could never out-do him.

His gaze was sometimes too much to handle.

"Where's your beer?" He smirked. "I don't recall this being a party for 13 year olds." Harry laughed.

The rest of the boys chuckled in unison as Katie narrowed her eyes at the curly haired boy who had just finished his 3rd beer.

"I thought I'd take it easy on the booze tonight." She said confidently. Harry nodded and reached over top of Liam towards the table. The table was full of empty bottles but Harry reached for the last untouched beer.