Chapter 20

{Chapter 20}

Katie shrugged on her old grey High School hoodie, pulling her long brown hair from out from the sweater and to one side of her shoulder as she smiled at Harry.

"No, Haz." She said sternly, lifting her finger and pointing at him. "It's my turn to decide where we're going."

They had been in an argument for 15 minutes about where to go for the night. Harry had suggested going back to that beyond-fancy restaurant he had taken her to for their 'date'.

Katie shook her head, not wanting Harry to go to all the trouble of paying for the expensive food that wasn't even that good. She didn't want to spend her last night at the beach house, trying to impress other people.

Harry chuckled as he reached into his open drawers to pull out a fresh t-shirt. She was sitting on the edge of his bed, waiting for him to get ready.

"Where does little miss princess want to go than?" Harry smirked, grabbing his Ramones shirt out of the drawer.

Katie watched, mesmerized as he reached from the hem of the shirt he had been wearing and pulled it up over his torso and over his head. 

His muscles in his stomach flexed and a defined set of abs were prominent as he pulled the shirt over his head and discarded it to the floor.

Katie realized she was sitting on the edge of his bed, mouth gaped out and trying to find her words without sounding too distracted.

He smiled down as he pulled the Ramones shirt over his head, giving Katie the chance to run her gaze over his prominent set of V-lines that lead down to his-

"Kat, are you evening listening to me?" Harry laughed, pulling her out of her revery. She shook herself from the images she had formed in her mind and pushed them away, hoping her face wasn't too red as she looked up and met his green orbs.

"I want to go to the diner down the road." She shrugged. "We haven't been there yet and I hear they're closing down in a week or two."

Harry chuckled and shook his hair in the mirror. The pop-star had to get it just right.

"I'm offering to take you to a 5-star restaurant, and you want to go to a family owned diner down the road?" Harry asked, turning to her with a playful smile on his face.

She shrugged. "I'm not hard to impress, Harry."

He didn't speak for a second, before looking back down. His fingers played with the bracelets on his wrists as she watched his eyebrows scrunch together and his dimples pierce his cheeks as he gave a faint smile.

"But that's just it." He mumbled, speaking almost to himself. "You are."

Something churned in her stomach but before she could comprehend his words, he looked back up at her with a new sense of excitement. He flashed her his famous smile.

"Okay than." He said excitedly and gestured towards his bedroom door. "Get your lazy ass off of my bed and let's go. I'm starving!"

-

Harry shoved his hands into his pockets as Katie kept up with his slow pace beside him. He had never noticed before, but when she walked, she always had a tiny bounce in her step.

"You're positive you don't want to go to a fancier restaurant? I don't mind paying for-"

But in Katie's stubbornness, he couldn't even finish his sentence.