Chapter 8

{Chapter 8}

"Are you done?" Andrea cooed, rubbing gentle circles against Katie's back as the brunette pulled away from the toilet. Her forehead was covered in sweat and her hands shook as she pushed herself up onto her feet.

"Yeah." She croaked, her throat raw.

She turned to the mirror, taking in her appearance. Her hair was wild, and clung to her forehead in strands. Her face was pale and her eyes were dull and tired. Black bags hung under her eyes as she splashed her face with water and picked up her pills off the counter and shook them out into her palm.

"Are you feeling well enough to go to breakfast? Because I can stay here and we can just tell Zayn, Niall, Liam and Lou to go. I can stay-" Andrea blurted out, tripping over her words in anxiety.

Katie threw the pills back and looked in the mirror to her best friend who stood behind her, biting her pinky finger nervously.

She was all ready to go to breakfast. She wore a cute white tank top and a pair of beige shorts. Katie smiled, knowing that she was trying hard to impress Zayn.

"No, everyone is waiting for you downstairs." Katie mumbled as she squirted the toothpaste onto her tooth brush. "I'll stay here, sleep a bit or something."

Andrea nodded. "If you need anything just text me. I'll come home right away." She said, sounding just like a mother. Katie rolled her eyes and chuckled.

Andrea chuckled back but it was obvious she was still concerned. "If you need anyone, Harry's staying here I think."

Katie rolled her eyes as she shoved the toothbrush in her mouth and grumbled.

"Great."

Ever since that awkward encounter in Harry's bedroom, Andrea's words had really gotten to her. Katie started considering the butterflies in her stomach everytime Harry was around and she wanted to punch herself in the face. She didn't like Harry, she couldn't like Harry.

So ever since, she had spent her time avoiding him.

When he asked her to pass the salt at dinner, she passed it without meeting his questioning eyes. Whenever he tried to joke around with her, she shot a mean-er joke back as he stood there in confusion.

Andrea grimaced in the mirror as she stared at Katie spitting out the toothpaste into the sink.

"Just be nice, okay? We don't want to come back to find that you guys have managed to kill each other."

Katie rinsed her mouth out with water and wiped her mouth on the towel before walking back into her bedroom and running to her bed.

Andrea followed behind her.

"I can't make any promises." Katie grinned arrogantly as Andrea rolled her eyes.

"I'll be back later." The blonde said, as she turned and walked out Katie's bedroom door.

-

Katie padded down the stairs and towards the kitchen. She didn't bother getting changed out of her old pair of soccer shorts and ratty-old t-shirt she had worn to bed. She dragged her feet lazily as she made her way into the kitchen.

As she rounded the corner she could hear someone going through the cabinets.

Great, she thought, just imagining the conversation to be had with Harry.