Chapter 27

{Chapter 27}

There are things in life, you never fully comprehend until the moment has passed.

Kind of like the first time you fall out of a tree you had been climbing. The fall to the bottom leaves you out of breath, stunned and you don't really piece it all together until you stare back of the tall tree and to the branch you had just fallen from.

In life, there are many moments like that. It was like the day Katie and Andrea waited in the airport to board the plane that would take them from Canada to London. The realization didn't dawn on her until she was seated on the plane, with a one way ticket to London in her hand.

It's a terrifying moment. A horrid, dreadful moment of realization.

This was one of those moments.

Her fingers trembled as her eyes pooled with tears as she scrubbed frantically at her blood stained hands. She had always known what would happen, she just never understood what it would be like.

This was the moment that Katie Dessing looked up at her pale, worn out face in the mirror, only to have the inevitable stare bluntly, right back at her.

She was going to die.

-

Katie pulled her cotton jumper closer around her torso as she wrapped her arms around her. She breathed deeply as she walked up the stairs, past the screaming girls who were too involved in the sight before them to even notice her.

Katie searched down the row, only to find her best friend bouncing up in down in excitement. They had amazing seats, the perks of being "with the band" she supposed. She squeezed down the row, apologizing to the girl's toes she probably crushed under her awkward feet as she walked by.

Many glares were thrown her way as she shrugged apologetically, wondering how all the pubescent girls could afford tickets for seats like these.

"Katie!" Andrea yelled over the loud, booming music and the riot of screaming girls. The opening act had just finished and a loud applause came from all around her best friend put her hands on her hips and furrowed her eyebrows. "Where the hell have you been? You've been gone for like, twenty minutes?"

Katie chuckled gently, pulling her sweater tighter around her. "Oh, well I got lost."

Andrea eyed her wearily before the lights went black and the stage lit up. Neon lights flashed from every direction as the tension built as everyone waited for the boys to run on stage.

"Well." Andrea shouted. "You're just in time."

Right on cue, the boys ran onto the stage as Katie looked up with a smile stretched across her face. Niall followed by Louis, Liam, Zayn and Harry all ran across the stage as the piercing screams of teenage girls filled the air as the boys waved, each had a big smile across their faces.

Katie smiled up at Harry, wondering if he'd see her. They were standing at side stage, seats that would have easily gone for hundreds of dollars. She had a great view of absolutely everything.

"Hello, Boston!" Louis shouted into the microphone, that only erupted another roar of screams. The boys chuckled as the music began playing behind them. It was a tune she knew right away, having their Up All Night album memorized.

"Well to kick things off Boston, here's Everything About You."

Katie jumped up and down beside Andrea, laughing and singing along as the boys began to sing. She felt as though the whole room was shaking, because when she looked around everyone was up dancing and singing a long as well.