Chapter 28

{Chapter 28}

"Want some?" Niall asked with his mouth full, shoving the bag of Cheetos towards Katie. She chuckled at the orange rim of cheese around his lips as she smiled up at him and shook her head.

"No thanks, Nialler." She said he shrugged. Liam chuckled beside her as they walked down the stretch of the hallway towards the pool. Liam had a towel wrapped around his neck as their shoes clacked against the marble floor of the hotel hallway.

Katie was grateful for the perks of being with the band. If she wanted to swim an hour after the hotel pool had closer? Not a problem. Just leave it up to Niall to give the hotel receptionist a flirty wink and a smile and Liam hand over an autograph or two.

After the concert, everyone had broken off to go and do their own thing. Katie had watched as Ashley and Harry hopped into a taxi to go to a local pub downtown. Katie knew it was the right thing to do, letting Harry go with Ashley, but she still felt a pang of jealously knowing that Ashley was currently sitting in a bar somewhere drinking with her boyfriend.

Andrea and Zayn had decided to go out on their own and Lou had a Skype date with Eleanor and decided to call it a night by going back to his room.

"So tell me about this Ashley girl." Katie asked, watching her feet as they padded down the hall. Beside her, Niall laughed.

"Oh, Kat. You don't have to worry about, Ash." He said, reaching over and ruffling her hair. "He's just Harry's best friend. They've been best friends since they were like 6."

Katie nodded, still not totally comfortable with the whole situation.

"Don't worry Katie." Liam spoke gently. She turned to find his reassuring smile and puppy dog eyes looking down at her. It had worked though, her nerves began to settle as Liam continued. "She's harmless. Everyone loves her and I'm sure you will too. I think Nialler has a small crush on her."

Katie laughed at turned to Niall, who walked beside her glaring over her head at Liam, who shrugged playfully. Niall's face turned a crimson red as he narrowed his eyes at Liam. "No I don't!" He huffed.

Liam and Katie both laughed as Niall grunted beside them.

Katie pulled her phone out of her pocket, checking the time and finding no new text messages from Harry. It was just after eleven as they rounded the corner of the hallway and walked through the doors into the Pool Room.

"Yeah Buddy!" Niall laughed as he kicked off his shoes as he entered the humid room. It was just the three of them and Katie watched as Niall padded across to the chairs and pulled his shirt over his head, already in his swim shorts.

"Hurry up, wankers. Let's do this!" Niall said in a weird voice that only made Katie laugh as she followed Liam towards the chairs.

The boy pulled his shirt over his head, revealing his extremely toned rack of abs. Katie ogled them secretly as Liam threw the shirt down onto the chair.

"Payne, you're going in first." Niall bellowed from the other side of the pool. Liam laughed as he took a deep breath and jumped in.

Katie laughed as she pulled up the bottom of her t-shirt and shimmied out of her shorts. She was rocking the same bikini she had worn at the Beach House.

"Whoa, check out this Bird, oi Liam?" Niall laughed as Katie stood at the side of the pool, putting her hands on her hips and giving them a smirk as they ogled her exposed body.

"Close your eyes, Nialler. Harry will beat your ass." Liam laughed, pushing his wet hair back as he treaded water in the pool.

Katie couldn't contain her smile as she pouted her lips at her friends. "I hate you guys!"