Chapter Twenty-One

Chloe's POV

Somehow, time just flew so fast today. Yes, I kinda avoiding Brett because I'm still dissapointed with his attitude to Jo. He's acting childish for me. Why?

First, if he doesn't like Jo, at least don't show it literally in front of Jo.

Second, he just met Jo once but acted like he hated him for a long time.

Third, he doesn't need to be jealous. I'm not his and he's not mine.

Fourth, HE STILL IS MY FREAKING TEACHER!

I take my phone and call Jo. "Hello?" "Hey Jo! I just finished class and I wanna go home now. Where are you?" "I'm actually walking to your car now." "Okay, I'll meet you there." "Okay, see ya." I put my phone back in my pocket and walk faster than normal. You know why.

But luck is not on my side today.

Someone still manage to grab my hand, hard.

"I need to talk to you." "I'm sorry sir, I have to go home now." "Don't act formal to me, Chloe." I look to the devil himself. "We're still at school sir. I'm sorry, but I have to go now." I pull my hand from him but he grabs it even harder. I look back and I can see that he is mad. "You're not going anywhere." I take a step closer to him. "Let. Me. Go. Brett." I guess he kinda surprised 'cause I called him with his name at school. He slowly released my hand and I take the chance to walk away.

Jo's POV

I'm waiting for Chloe in the car now and for a while, there's no sign of her.
Where is she? I already see lots of students walk out from school. Suddenly, someone opens the door and slam it hard. I jump a little, surprised because of the noise.

"Geez, Chloe... At least walk in front of the car so I can now that you're already near." "Not in the mood right now, Jo." "Something wrong?" "Just drive. Please." I nod and drive the car immediately. Something must be wrong. Chloe is always this cheerful soul. This is actually the first time I see her not in the mood, even for talking. She usually still going to talk... I keep myself quite.

Chloe's POV

Okay, maybe I was supposed to talk to Jo but right now... I feel like I don't have the energy to do it. I don't even know what I'm going to say to Jo. He parked my car and I step out from the car. I immediately take my key and open the house door. Jo? He's behind me. "Mom, Dad. I'm home." I take off my shoes. "Hi Chloe, long time no see aye?" I look up and surprised myself. In front of me stands a quite tall man (well, he still looks kinda young) with a well built body. He's wearing a white polo shirt and a pair of jeans. Still, I have no idea who he is... But those eyes do remind me of someone. "What? You don't remember your own brother?" Okay, now I feel like my eyes are going to pop out. "Cennedy?" He smiles. "The one and only." I still stand in disbelief. Since when he became so tall and well built? Last time I remembered he was kinda fat and chubby, plus not this tall. Now, I can even see that he has dimples! Like, how come...? "Okay Chloe, you started to freaking me out. Like, are you really that surprise?" I have no words. Seriously. We were never that close. The only memory that we shared? Our childhood. Then our parents sent him away when he was a teenager. "Okay, you need to come inside, let your friend in, and we'll talk in the living room." Then realization hits me. I totally forgot Jo is still behind me. I just do what Cennedy said and we walk to the living room. "I'll just go to my room..." Jo immediately walk fast to his room. Then the situation becomes very awkward. I even sit far away from my own brother. "Like seriously Chloe? You sit like ten miles from me." "What are you doing here?" That's the only thing I can say right now. Cennedy stands up and sit next to me. I move a little far from him. He sighs. "I am done with my business studies and travelling so why not going home?" "How come... you look..." "Different? Hahaha yeah it's called puberty and hard work. I exercise a lot and look what happen to me." Okay that explains everything about his look. "Why you never visit us?" "Dad's rule. I can only go back if I'm done with my studies. He really wants me to focus on it." "Is business really your passion?" "Surprisingly, I enjoy it. I thought I would hate it. But the more I learn, the more I'm curious, the more I enjoy it. But, I do love to cook, other than learning business." "How come you recognize me just like that? I don't even know you... We never even contact each other." "Well, I still keep in touch with mom and dad. Especially mom. She sent me your pictures." Mom and dad keep in touch with him while I have no idea how to contact him? Wow. "Say, mom and dad never show you my picture?" I nod. "Even talk about me to you?" I nod once again. He close his eyes and take a deep breathe. "I should've known. They really don't want you to distract me." I look at him with confusion. "Why would I distract you?" "First, you're my little sis. Second, we might even contact each other even more than me with our parents. Third, that will actually kinda ruin my concetration. I will always be curious about everything. Are you okay? Are you happy? Or are you sad? I'm your big brother. I have responsibility to protect you. To guide you. To keep you safe and happy. That's what siblings are for." Now I really am speechless. He lived far away that I don't even know, barely met him, heck I don't even know his face. But he still acts as a big brother he is.

"Now I will be the one who's asking. Do you miss me?" I look at him. Miss is a strong word. So is hello, sorry, truth and goodbye. I can't lie to him. "To be honest, I only want to know where my brother was. Maybe because mom and dad never really talk about you..." He smiles. I can see pain in his smile. Then he pulls me into a hug. God... it feels so warm. "You may not miss me but I do miss you. I missed you growing up. I missed your first prom. I missed your first day as a high schooler. I even missed your sweet seventeen... But now that I'm here, I want us to write memories together, like how siblings should be. Agree?" I smile and hug him tighter. "Agree."

---

it's almost 3 am here in my country and I have to go to school later hahahaha.

I AM BACK BEACHES!!!!

nope i won't call you guys bitches 'cause beaches are more fun and i have enough bitches to handle in my life.

Soooo yeah this chapter is more to bonding time between Chloe and Cennedy after being separated for a long time. Chloe didn't even recognize her own bro.

Just to make sure, you read Cennedy like 'Kennedy'. Just like Chloe (read 'C' as 'K').

Also... I revealed the two blurry faces. Yes, the first one is Rachael Leigh Cook as Rossa Gonzalas, Brett's ex fiancèe. If you're not familiar with Rachael, she is best know for her role in the movie She's All That along side Paul Walker and Usher in 1999. I was just born that year 😂

At the last chapter, she was the one who asked Jo about Brett. Ooo... what is she actually wanna do??

The second one (obviously) Robbie Amells as Cennedy Bennet. For me, he is so underrated as a hot human being 😂 If you don't know who Robbie is (which I kinda doubt it), he is Stephen Amells' cousin. You know, that guy from Arrow. Robbie's latest movie was The DUFF which I freaking love 😍

Soooo hope you guys like this new update. Thanks for reading! Feel free to vote and comment. Adios!